The registered dental hygienist is responsible for providing oral hygiene and appropriate preventive services to the patients of AccessHealth dental clinic. The hygienist is also responsible for providing appropriate oral health information to individuals and groups.
PTO 136 hours
Paid Facility Closure for all Major Holiday's
Medical, Dental, Visions, Disability
403(b) Retirement Fund with Employer contribution
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application, fluoride application, and exposing radiographs consistent with accepted professional practices and standards in compliance with applicable state law and clinic protocols.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education, conducts oral hygiene classes, and appropriate individual counseling for all clinic patients.
- Oversees the activities of dental or hygiene student oral health education presentations.
- Performs forms independent procedures as delegated and directed by the Dental Director in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department protocols and directives.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directives and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control, and safety issues.
- Responsible for personal compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dental hygiene and the clinical provision of dental hygiene services as well as those relating to, but no limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein as may be assigned or delegated.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS/EDUCATION
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene.
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of Texas granted by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of oral hygiene care including the principles and practice of modern oral hygiene and the periodontal patient.
- High ethical standards.
- Well-organized and self-directed.
- Team player.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Consumer advocate for quality health care and services.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to operate computer, copier, and fax.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools and controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; talk and hear; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees will be assigned to a regular work schedule, which may include hours before 8:00 am, after 5:00 pm, and Saturdays as determined by department needs and requirements.