LyondellBasell is searching for a Regional IEA Discipline Engineer supporting Bayport, Channelview, LaPorte, Pipeline and Houston Refining. The IEA Discipline Engineer is part of the Regional Discipline Engineering Team supporting engineering, design, and installation of IEA (Instrumentation, Electrical, and Analyzer) scope for the regions capital projects. The position interacts with other disciplines and technical groups at the sites (process engineering and reliability groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to successfully design, implement and startup new equipment installations. The position is responsible for the planning, control, and integration of engineering activities and the development of technical deliverables to meet the schedule, scope, budget and quality requirements of multi-discipline projects.
The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, employee discounts and pension plan. Relocation is available.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Develops IEA scopes for projects. Generates and/or reviews and approves instrumentation, electrical (< 500 Volts), and analyzer packages.
• Select and specify instrumentation, low voltage electrical equipment, and analyzers including QA/QC processes. Prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
• Performs design reviews; ensures designs follow specifications, codes, regulations, and contract requirements. Ensures technical, engineering, and quality standards are followed.
• Works with design resources both internally and externally to achieve designs that are cost effective and technically sound so that all projects are designed efficiently, cost effectively, and have operability against the up-front project objectives.
• Collaborates and engages all other disciplines towards the successful completion of the project.
• Responsible for following the Capital project process and meeting the DOA so that all projects can meet internal and external audit criteria and the Bayport site remains in DOA compliance. Working through the Capital Project Checklist and documenting all phases of the project process.
• Works closely with subcontract engineers and/or designers to coordinate their activities and to ensure the subcontractor's work is checked and meets the company's standards and quality requirements.
• Documents and maintains all communication that impacts technical decisions.
• Assists in preparing estimates of probable costs for construction at various stages of design.
• Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, technical material suppliers, and technical service providers.
• Inspects completed installations and observes operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Provides support for the projects through commissioning and startup.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Chemical, or equivalent engineering degree, engineering technology degree, or relevant experience
- 6 years or more of chemical, refining or related industry experience
- Results Oriented, Communications, Rapport Building, Analytical, Presentation, Decision making, Technical Proficiency in Electrical Engineering
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation skills with interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as a team member, and to plan/coordinate processes for results
- The successful candidate must have a strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way.
- Sample conditioning and analyzer experience strongly desired.
- Prefer candidate to have PLC experience, control systems, and/or SIS experience.
- At least two years of dedicated IEA discipline support for projects.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston