Our Client Requirements:
The Regional Director provides the overall strategic direction for our transportation design within the Texas region. Key duties are to create and maintain client relationships, assess the market, define winning business development strategies, and lead the team of Transportation Project Managers. The identified candidate will provide vision and leadership that results in team growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes a business plan for the Texas geographic area that supports the strategic plans of the Business Line..
- Collaborates with Practice Leader to develop annual regional budget. Accountable for managing top and bottom-line revenue growth. Manages regional portion of practice line budget.
Marketing, Business Development and Sales
- Sets and executes the regional marketing strategy to achieve targets established for the practice line.
- Establishes regional sales goals, reviews Client Account Plans in support of those goals and monitors the implementation of those plans.
- Oversees the business development process, identifies/qualifies clients, and makes go/no go decisions.
- Builds and maintains client relationships to ensure quality service retention and repeat business.
- Effectively provide strategic direction, support, development and feedback to Transportation employees in their respective region.
- Promotes good stewardship and sustains long term results by supporting people development initiatives.
- Proactively identifies hiring/staff level needs for sustained project delivery capacity in their respective region.
- Supervises Project Management direct reports in the region, which includes: providing direction, setting goals, mentoring, training, & performance management.
Exceptional candidates for this position will have the following characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in related engineering or technical discipline
- Has 5+ years of experience in a Project Manager role at a civil engineering firm that includes people management and business development responsibilities.
- Understanding of the Houston consulting engineering community and how counties and municipalities contract engineering services.
- The desire to build a business and grow a team of talented engineers.
- The engineering knowledge and demeanor to be a trusted advisor to our clients.
- Relationships with HCTRA and TxDOT are a plus.
- Professional registration (P.E.) in the state of Texas is required