REGIONAL DIRECTOR, ADVERTISING SALES
Atmosphere is the world's first and largest free ad-supported streaming TV service for businesses offering original, owned and operated TV channels along with Partner Channels from prominent brands. The platform has been built from the ground up with proprietary content, technology and data to deliver unparalleled experiences for businesses and advertisers. The platform also provides a paid upgrade to a digital signage feature for businesses to run their house promotions within the content. Atmosphere was incubated under Chive Media Group and spun out in 2019.
About this role:
As a Market Development Manager, you will be a founding member of our newly formed Local & Regional Advertising Sales Team. You will present the Atmosphere platform - an innovative, high-impact marketing vehicle - to local and regional brands & businesses. You will focus on quickly establishing a book of foundational accounts (and a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities) upon which you will build a field sales team while establishing Atmosphere as the premier local streaming video advertising platform in key DMA's.
This is a role for movers, shakers & incredibly effective player coaches. With a limitless number of prospects across all verticals/categories (Sports & Entertainment, Real Estate, Automotive, Finance/Insurance, Legal, Medical, Hospitality, etc.), applicants should possess high business acumen, exceptional networking skills, and a deep passion for building (books of business, teams, etc.) from the ground up.
Growth opportunity (financial, professional, career pathing, etc.) is readily available, highly structured, and achieved as the direct result of hitting KPIs & revenue targets. This role was designed by people who have done the job, for the people who want the job and specifically crafted to correlate effort, achievement, and reward..
Ideally you will have mastered the art and science of selling advertising solutions (search, social, television/radio, listings, etc.) to local and regional brands and are looking for an opportunity to take your career and talent to the next level. You are well-spoken/written and have the ability to think quickly on your feet. The ultimate measure of success for this position is winning new business, minimizing churn, and then teaching others how to do the same.
Our organization moves quickly, so you will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment (i.e. an early-stage startup) where challenges appear daily … challenges that you will help shape the solutions to overcome. This is a pivotal role that will build the foundation of a team that is growing quickly, and you will grow with it. We pride ourselves on being a hardworking, fun company, so party poopers and ME players need not apply. This position will initially report to the VP of Local & Regional Advertising Sales.
* Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly & annual goals through persistent outreach and consistent closing of new business
* Author plans and strategies to quickly & sustainably develop the revenue foundation for your market, grow new categories, and lay the groundwork for the team you will build
* Create sales collateral, emails, customized pitch decks, etc.
* Own your business while collaborating at a high level with peers, team members and internal business partners on best practices
* Build media plans and support campaign management efforts
* Be a great partner to our clients to help them maximize the impact of their advertising investments and aggressively grow revenue
* Help define and optimize sales and marketing processes that drive desired sales outcomes
* Develop a high level of expertise in our product offering as well as the competitive landscape
* Clearly and consistently communicate KPI attainment, sales activity, pipeline growth, and market trends through updates to leadership and CRM cleanliness
* Strict adherence to KPIs (and providing of open feedback regarding their effectiveness/need for revision)
* Have fun, make someone laugh 3 times a day and don't be a jerk
* 3-5 years of outside sales experience
* Mastery of digital, video and/or TV advertising preferred
* Thrives in a team sales environment
* Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication
* High sales aptitude with the ability to solve problems and think quickly on your feet
* Consistent track-record of meeting + exceeding quotas
* Ability to work in a fluid environment and adjust priorities on-the-fly
* Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* High level of integrity and follow-through
* Strong collaboration and relationship management skills
* CRM fluency (Salesforce, Boostr, Pipedrive, etc.)
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* Previous management experience preferred