L.K. Jordan & Associates (L.K. Jordan), a Texas based staffing firm, is now searching for an experienced high-volume Staffing Supervisor to work in our Houston, TX office.
L.K. Jordan matches talented people with fantastic clients through staffing their temporary, temporary to hire, and direct hire employment needs. Staffing Supervisors participate in recruiting, interviewing, matching, and placing qualified candidates in a variety of positions. They will also be responsible for account management, inside sales calls, obtaining job orders, and client penetration/retention. All staffing consultants will be required to maintain high fill ratios, as well as build strong relationships with our clients and candidates. This is done by assessing our client' s requirements, creating job orders, and appropriately matching permanent and/or temporary candidates to meet client needs and expectations.
- Demonstrates commitment to providing continuous quality service, protect and promote the brand, image, and reputation of the Company, while striving to exceed the needs and expectations of our clients and employees.
- Develops and maintains a network of contacts to provide candidates and leads on available positions which may produce job orders and candidates for the Company. Attend and actively participate in job fairs and recruiting strategies to promote employment placement services. Search for and recruit applicants for open positions through job boards, job fairs, advertising, and networking. Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Demonstrates and understands how to build a candidate profile that can drive an efficient sourcing program. Asks questions of hiring managers to clarify ambiguous job requisitions. Asks questions of hiring managers to unearth hidden success factors and skills for each requisition. Able to determine the best sourcing method for different candidates. Can develop a diversity recruiting plan to meet corporate objectives. Has ability to develop a sourcing plan that maximizes sourcing dollars and reduce time to hire.
- Develops effective ads and job postings. Finds active and passive candidate resumes on the web, people linked to companies, colleges and organizations, uses employee referrals to find candidates, uses personal network to find candidates. Evaluates the effectiveness of different sources of candidates for completed searches.
- Recognizes the profile of candidates who are most likely to be successful for specific job categories. Identifies quickly candidates that are under qualified from reviewing resumes. Gathers relevant information from a resume for specific job categories. Assesses candidates true goals and motivations. Knows how to balance all the feedback about candidates.
- Provides initial screening of job applicants for the selection of people meeting employer qualifications: Reviews employment applications and evaluates work history, education and training, job skills, compensation needs, and other qualifications of applicants.
- Reviews reference and background checks conducted and makes recommendations based on findings. Uses candidate reference checks to develop additional business opportunities.
- Presents advantages of the candidate to the hiring manager. Directs the efforts of employment negotiating and controlling employment related fees. Asks questions to anticipate potential objections or problems in closing. Presents advantages of the company and the job to the candidate. Is persuasive in communicating benefits. Answers questions quickly and responsively. Explains clearly the features and ramifications of the offer. Overcomes typical objections, including salary level, career growth, counter offers and hesitation. Negotiates effectively to achieve results. Gains commitment. Follows up after hiring to ensure satisfaction.
- Provides consultation and encourages good will between employers and employees and evaluating employment related practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associates degree in Business Administration or related field or 3-5 years recruiting experience required preferably in Field Sales or College Recruiting, or the equivalent in combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of business office operations, of filing and administrative clerical operations.
- Adheres to Company Handbook and serves as a role model within and outside the Company while maintaining a positive and respectful attitude.
- Able to read, write, and fluently speak English.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
- Dresses in appropriate business attire and is professional in appearance and mannerisms.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment and random drug test.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] HIRING IMMEDIATELY
L.K.JORDAN & ASSOCIATES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER