Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Systems Lead shall perform, manage and oversee the maintenance, repair, and sustainment of all commercial and military-unique HVAC systems and associated equipment to include five (5) BEAR Housekeeping sets.
The aforementioned requirements are in support of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- The HVAC/R lead shall ensure installation, operation, maintenance, and repairs of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems, combustion equipment, and industrial air compressors as well as maintain and repair nonelectric kitchen equipment.
- Manage and supervise personnel, equipment, tools, vehicles, and other items and services necessary to perform all HVAC/R services, tasks, and functions for PSAB.
- This position shall function as an integral team member, cooperating with and supporting U.S. deployed forces, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and shall share information with other integral team members as required.
- Ensure all contractual performance objectives are met.
- Manage and work with a diverse, international, and multi-skilled workforce.
- As required, be available within two (2) hours of notification to meet on the installation with Government personnel.
- Ensure the successful delivery of services to 4,000 personnel, plus or minus 10%, at all times.
- HVAC/R lead shall ensure personnel are adequately trained, and personnel assigned to all tasks have the requisite knowledge and skills to meet minimum performance requirements as well as comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for proper utilization, accounting, and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment tools, information and Data).
- Ensure required contractual submittals are provided to the government.
- Ensure compliance with all US laws, Saudi Labor Law, US EPA Guidelines, Final Governing Standards (FGS), Overseas Environmental Baseline Guidance Document (OEBGD), US Building Codes, Department of Defense (DoD) Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Electric Code (NEC), National Electric Safety Code (NESC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) standards. In addition, ensure site activities comply with applicable US, DoD, and Host Country codes and standards to include American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), International Plumbing Code (IPC), National Plumbing Code (NPC), Building & Fire codes concerning health, safety, and the environment in the design and construction of real property facilities at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree desired but not required
- Commercial/Industry HVAC/R certification(s), Completion of HVAC/R Vocational school, or graduate from a DOD HVAC/R Tech School.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 15 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance or must be able to acquire a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM theater requirements.
- Minimum 8 years’ work experience with similar projects, USAF HVAC (3EX1) AFSC experience is HIGHLY DESIRED
- Mandatory knowledge on the principles of HVAC/R systems, controls, and components; combustion systems; air and water balancing; nonelectric kitchen equipment; industrial air compressors.
- Ability to interpret drawings and schematics.
- Know and be able to apply the fundamentals of HVAC/R equipment and troubleshooting techniques, industrial water treatment, environmental regulations for fuels, refrigerants, and hazardous materials.
- Have knowledge on military and commercial publications and environmental regulations.
- Pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability.
- Use computers & related software such as Microsoft Office and other common products used in office environments
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.