MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
This position maintains the General Ledger for commercial assets, ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and maintains the tenant leases sub-ledger, ensuring tenant leases are properly accounted for.
Our client is an established full service commercial real estate firm that specializes in the acquisition, development and management of retail assets. They've got a strong presence in the Houston area and are looking for someone to join their growing team.
- Maintain tenant leases sub-ledger in MRI
- Review (coding, approval) and post A/P invoices
- Verify and post tenant cash receipts
- Invoice miscellaneous charges and bill backs to tenants as needed
- Assist Management with special projects and be available as a resource
- Generate recurring monthly charges for tenant leases
- Maintain the General Ledger for portfolio as assigned
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Review monthly financial statements
- Book accruals as needed. (utilities, security, AVTX expense)
- Assist with collections as needed
- Assist Property Manager with variance reporting
- Calculate and invoice percentage rent as needed
- Process annual ad valorem tax statements for payment
- Reconcile and invoice annual CAM and Tax recoveries
- Assist Retail Operations Team with annual budget preparation
- Accounting degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in Property Accounting in Retail sectors
- A thorough understanding of the following concepts:
- Tenant Recoveries
- Straight Line Rent
- Percentage rent
Comprehensive benefits package and join a growing team!