Position Description Summary:
Oversee and implement work processes and operational procedures for Schenker Project Operations offices. Manage staffing for projects and identify training needs. Assist with audits, project milestone reporting, duty drawbacks and similar reports as required by corporate and project clients. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Ensure that teams are fully functioning, staffed correctly and that work processes are mapped and can be monitored to ensure smooth transactions and visibility.
- Maintain current knowledge on US Laws and Regulations regarding imports and exports within the project scopes. Ensure the training is provided and completed as required by corporate standards or as required to ensure best practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Schenker Project Operations offices to ensure reliable access to key personnel and solutions as needed to manage critical project cargoes.
- Troubleshoot and work to provide creative solutions when issues are escalated. Personnel
- Oversee and implement work processes to improve efficiency and quality of project forwarders.
- Assess strengths and weaknesses of departments and key resources and work to provide the best possible environment for effectiveness within the Schenker teams.
- Monitor working hours with specific attention on overtime and ensure use of holidays.
- Manage staffing for new projects or as projects change throughout the process.
- Recruit, interview and process new operations personnel.
- Ensure core values and work processes are within the Schenker Inc., corporate standards and regulations. Reporting
- Assist with any required audits, project milestone reporting, duty drawbacks and similar reports as required by corporate and project clients.
- Ensure management of the accruals list, The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 5+ years of related management experience. Extensive international experience in import/export logistics required.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity