Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager in Houston, Texas. The Project Manager will provide project leadership and oversight to technical teams to support the flight hardware development in support of the Human Health and Performance Directorate and the International Space Station Program. The Project Manager will interface with customers and other NASA contractors, and lead projects through the design life cycle including requirements development and verification, hardware design, development and testing; project reviews, safety review support, product reviews and approvals. This is a junior project management position, and Leidos offers opportunities for growth.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Typical job function will include defining and maintaining project schedules, project planning, leading reviews, statusing functions to both contractor management and the NASA customer. This position will be required to perform integration of the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis. The position will grow the ability to allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks, present findings, reports and status routinely.
The Project Manager will:
- Ensure compliance with Safety, Health, and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and the Company's safety policies/rules, and report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures
- Lead a technical team to accomplish tasks, meet goals, and deliver products on time, within budget and with Quality oversight
- Identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- Identify tasks, organize and make assignments to resources with due dates
- Provide oral and written status to both contractor management and the NASA customer.
- Provide leadership to the majority of engineering disciplines on a weekly basis.
- Allocate tasking, status technical, budget, schedule and risks.
- Participate in ISO/CMMI/AS9100 Audits
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or related field, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Ability to develop and manage a project schedule;
- Cost management and reporting experience;
- Capable of identifying risks and issues, reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options for mitigation and implement solutions;
- Experience in procurement of parts;
- Excellent written and oral communication skill including presenting information to customers;
- Ability to perform configuration management, and document processes.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to translate concepts across multiple disciplines
- Experience with Flight Hardware Development processes as outlined in SA-WI-014 and/or EA-023
- Familiarity with NASA or DoD Work Instructions; Experience with NASA systems, such as MIDAS, CDS, QARC, EDMS, ELABEL
- Previous experience with Human Systems Engineering such as human factors and designing for the product end-user
- Experience with technical management of subcontracts, initiation to completion
- Leadership experience
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance. Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.