Project Manager and Estimator Opportunity with the Builder of Choice in Houston!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Amanda Long
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $75,000 - $110,000 per year
A bit about us:
With significant planning and project management experience, our staff has in excess of 40 years of construction and large capital project expertise. Combined, our professionals have a diverse background of both multi disciplined engineers and skilled tradesmen holding LEAN Six Sigma, PMP, and TWIC certifications. We are proud of the relationships we have fostered with our partners and clients and look to continuously and aggressively grow while maintaining a customer and lean driven operation.
Why join us?
Our mission is to provide high quality construction services in a timely and cost efficient manner. Our vision is to be the “builder of choice” in the market we serve. Our quality consists of excellent craftsmanship, dedication to details and commitment to our projects. We are a full-service construction company in Houston, TX, that specializes in residential and commercial construction projects, ranging from all facets of residential construction and renovation to high-end commercial projects.
Our expertise and strength are in its ability to successfully plan and execute the development of complex, multi-faceted projects in a timely and safe manner.
- Software technology knowledge, training will be provided
- Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook),
- Xactimate, PlanSwift, BlueBeam, ShareFile, iSqFt, Building Connected, ProCore, Quickbids, Timberline; overall good technology skills with constant use of technology equipment (Preferred not required)
- Excellent Understanding of project plans, specifications and contracts
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (internal and external)
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have a valid driver's license, provide own transportation with Insurance
- Typing and data entry, general mathematical and accounting skills
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting Preconstruction Team at the following
- Design and construction document review
- Cost Estimating, Value Engineering, and Constructability
- Procurement of Subcontractors
- Scope Package development and Bid Invitation
- Schedule preparation and management
- Vendor search and set-up
- Effectively communicate project progress and issues with Project Team
- Contract review, RFI, Submittals, and monthly pay applications
- Review of preconstruction invoicing
- Drafting and negotiating owner contracts
- Build subcontractor list and vendors list and update periodically in buildertrend
- Build database pricing database within buildertrend
1. Prepare and manage estimating, risk analysis, bids, proposals and contract administration for all projects
2. Input and update all opportunities into the project management system’s database
3. Review and supply Project Managers with a Project Survey from Sales to determine risk and feasibility of potential projects
4. Procure all Plans and Specifications for all projects accepted by management
5. Prepare an estimate with the following tasks:
6. Maintain an estimating database of history and costs
7. Obtain all required job survey information by visiting the job site
8. Review and finalize the Project Survey
9. Procure sub-contractor quotes
10. Qualify subcontractors with the client (including experience, solvency and quality)
11. Develop Job Estimate and Budget and input it into builder trend
12. Prepare Final Bid/Proposal and tracks the completion of each task:
13. Determine final pricing structure and approval with Manager, Estimating and General Manager
14. Order Bid Bond, obtain proper Insurance Requirements, assemble and complete Bid Documents/Package.
15. Ensure timely submission of proposals or bid delivery to the customer
16. Track the status of all Proposals and Bids in the project management system
17. Enter the results of the Proposal and Bid into the project management system
18. Review key projects with Project Managers regarding estimated costs vs. actual cost
19. Attend Project Review with Operations Manager and Project Manager
20. Develop project schedule with timelines and assigned subcontractors per trade
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.