The Project Manager is responsible for managing, implementing and executing on key projects and reporting requirements for the Houston Care Management Market Teams. The position provides support through representation of senior leadership interests in both internal and external initiatives, and in some cases is an active team member on broader market strategy initiatives.
This position requires a unique skill set that includes leading cross-functional leaders on complex projects, collaborating vertically and horizontally throughout internal and external organizations, understanding workflow, and creating a collaborative environment to work effectively throughout the organization to ensure alignment of strategy and approach.
Accountable for supervising the project plan and operational collaboration during implementation of new processes. Coordinates with program developers, training teams, business owners, and other stakeholders to ensure all goals and objectives are met. Transitions tasks and processes to operational teams upon completion of implementation. Collects, analyzes, and reports relevant data to clinical staff, providers, corporate partners, senior leadership and other associates .
- Manage full project life cycle including creation, design, specification, development, implementation, and overall change management
- Identify and analyze trends, strategies and tactics to increase the productivity of the medical management teams to drive positive performance on organizational key performance metrics and improve the customer experience
- Identify opportunities for improved scalability of the organization, including opportunities for increased productivity and reduced costs (e.g. streamlined processes, new roles, workload shift)
- Communicates and provides reports to key stakeholders to ensure projects are aligned with the goals and objectives of the business
- Identify, develop, and present recommendations; implement approved solutions
- Manages SharePoint sites created to support key medical group initiatives as well as audit, compile, and analyze data to create reports for Steering Committees
- Coordinates meetings; prepares draft agendas for review with VP, Care Management Programs or delegate; issues agendas with appropriate backup materials; takes minutes, and provides follow-up correspondence
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field required or 4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience in full life cycle project management experience including project ROI assessment, project team management and change control management, or healthcare operations
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, Share Point, and Business Maps)
- Experience with process mapping methodology and creating process maps
- Ability to obtain your PMP certification within first year of hire
- Masters in Health Administration, Finance, Public Health or Business Administration
- PMP or CAPM certification
- 2+ years of Healthcare or clinic operations experience
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Possession of strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Experience with managed care including Affordable Care Organization or Care Delivery Organization
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Job Keywords: Project Manager, Care Management, Houston, TX, Texas