The NASA End User Services and Technologies program has an opportunity for a Project Management Lead to manage our Enterprise Project Management team. The program is based out of Huntsville, AL at the Marshall Space Flight Center, but the projects and personnel are spread across the 11 performance sites. This is a key leadership position and an integral member of the NEST Program Management Team.
The Project Management Lead directly supervises a team of technical project managers to drive NASA Information Technology projects to successful completion. This position is also responsible for the design, implementation, and continual improvement of our project management processes and procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant NASA and Leidos procedures. In addition to leading the project management team, the lead will also directly manage complex, highly visible projects as necessary.
- The Project Management Lead is responsible for leading and directly supervising the NEST Project Management Team, which includes mid-career technical project managers and project support staff.
- Develop, implement, and maintain project processes and procedures for the program.
- Ensure all projects adhere to NASA standards, policies, and procedures as required.
- Actively manage a portfolio of up to several dozen projects through the overall project lifecycle, ensuring cost, schedule, and performance quality.
- Manage the project assignments and workloads of subordinate project managers.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics to accurately gauge project success and velocity.
- Coordinate and engage closely with Government project management lead counterpart.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders, both within Leidos and NASA.
- Ensure NEST Leadership is made aware of project status and concerns prior to becoming major issues.
- Regularly brief senior NASA leadership the status of individual projects and the overall portfolio.
- Partner with NASA project leadership to successfully prepare for and complete all necessary project gate reviews, including Key Decision Points (KDPs) and Systems Engineering Reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree and 12-15 years of prior relevant experience leading large-scale, complex technical projects in the information technology domain.
- Significant experience leading highly dynamic, complex projects that impact organization-wide operations
- Experience leading and coaching a team of mid-career professionals
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a matrixed, geographically dispersed environment and working across organizational boundaries to ensure successful project execution.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on communications with government customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced operational environment without direct supervision.
- PMP Certification Required
- Experience leading projects at NASA under NPR 7120.7 to successful completion.
- Working knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Experience in bid/proposal/task-order management
- Experience working under Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) managed services contract.
- Extensive technical knowledge of End User Services, IT Managed Service Delivery Models, Endpoint Management, IT Infrastructure Operations, IT Service Management tools, and Information Security.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management