Brief Description of Sunnova
Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Program Manager, Financial Operations Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for a Program Manager of Financial Operations. This newly created position will be responsible for creating efficiencies and leverage within the Finance organization by functionally leading the design and development of global Finance processes and tools. In support of Sunnova’s ongoing expansion and scale, this role will initially focus on process, systems, and tool enhancements. Success will be measured in the near term by achieving throughput efficiencies in support of the FP&A organization while being able to routinely drive continuous improvement across the organization to achieve greater efficiencies and scalability.
Program Manager, Financial Operations Responsibilities
- Creates the project charter, timeline, project plans, status reports, resource plans, and triages issues as they arise
- Facilitates large meetings with diverse partner groups; includes kickoff meetings, status meetings, steering committee, design sessions, issue meetings, etc.
- Simplifies project delivery by removing ambiguity and creating structure for highly complex activities
- Anticipates information needs, identifies gaps, and organizes data and communications cohesively and clearly
- Creates scale and promotes consistency through implementation of a toolkit for project management techniques, templates, and processes
- Increases speed to perform routine forecasting functions via improved processes, streamlined data sets and global training efforts
- Improves the organization’s ability, via better tools, processes and data reporting to perform meaningful analysis and provide faster and more actionable information to be used by the organization to drive results
- Defines consistent data delivery models and calibrates on needs of forecast specific data with clear lines of ownership within dependent cross-functional teams such as Finance, IT, Commercial Operations, and Service & Energy Operations
- Identifies process gaps and performs an overall process assessment and re-engineering within functional areas that the FP&A organization to determine a project plan to increase efficiency and enhance accuracy
- Drives continuous improvement in process and tools routinely across the Finance organization, differentiating as needed for regional and local requirements
- Manages the end-to-end processes for monthly metadata additions or changes to our common Finance hierarchies; includes refining the process, creating RASCIs, gathering requests, performing analysis on potential impacts, creating recommendations to appropriate approvers and ensuring successful implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 5+ years’ experience managing and driving continuous change and improvements in processes with increasing levels of responsibility
- Public company experience
- Deep knowledge of functional requirements for financial systems and an understanding of the business and systems needs to develop successful solutions
- Experience partnering cross functionally with multiple departments (e.g., Finance, Accounting, FP&A, IT, etc.)
- Experience working in budgeting and forecasting tools with a track record demonstrating a thorough understanding of their structure – ideally you have implemented a budgeting and forecasting tool previously as part of a functional team, not purely a technical IT implementation
- Must have proven track record of timely analyzing and summarizing extremely large quantities of data using, for example, advanced Excel functions
- Very strong aptitude for learning, can quickly grasp complex concepts and data and summarize for relevant key messages, and are comfortable driving change and managing within a high-growth business
- Certified Scrum Master
- Previous experience in renewable energy
- Working knowledge of Python and Tableau
- Strong experience and proficiency in data analytic tools
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in an energy market
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Positive, self-motivated and can-do personality – growth mindset
- Very strong organization and communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure and adhere to time constraints
- Ethical team player; always maintains the highest degree of integrity
- Open-office environment
- Hybrid work environment
- Overtime may be required during busy compliance times
- Include only if applicable
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.