Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Program Manager with large-scale program management, operations, and construction management experience, who will work alongside engineering managers, senior leaders and executives supporting various clients within the Power Delivery Solutions (PDS) division. The position will be client facing and responsible for driving scope execution, maximizing schedule and financial performance, contracts management and risk mitigation.
The Program Manager will be part of an established Project Management Office (PMO) within the PDS Division that provides consulting services to both public-owned and investor-owned electric utilities. These consulting services provide clients with overall project management tasks in the areas of comprehensive engineering design of electrical transmission and distribution, substation, and transmission line projects nationwide.
- Manage the overall execution and performance of large-scaled programs for an investor-owned electric utilities.
- Effectively manage at the program level to positively influence the efficient execution of work while maximizing profit
- Lead a team of project managers, construction managers, project schedulers, project controllers and multi-discipline engineering departments that are assigned to project work
- Ensuring project costs, schedule and scope are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within stakeholder approve project parameters
- Consistently communicate and work with ease across multiple program and function support areas including client, project teams, functional leadership, subcontractors, and support personnel
- Interface with utility management personnel groups including planning, asset management, engineering, construction, siting, public outreach, and regulatory relations, legal and administrative departments.
- Client stakeholder engagement will involve progress reporting, earned value financial management, schedule adherence and risk mitigation across a portfolio of substation, transmission, and distribution projects
- Creation and maintenance of comprehensive project dashboard reports and KPI tracking
- Oversee various and specific proposal development efforts that accurately defines the project scope, schedule, and budgets
- Ensures a good working relationship between the project team, line managers, and interfacing organizations
- Write comprehensive and technical and project reports
- A bachelor’s degree in the following disciplines: Engineering, Business or Finance required with an additional 12+ years of relevant experience as a Large-Scale Program Manager or Project Manager or a master’s with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience and skills as a Program Manager on large programs ($25-50M+), business and technical knowledge and vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers
- Demonstrated experience and in-depth expertise in electric power infrastructure projects within power delivery services
- Must be able to interact with customer representatives in an effective manner in briefings meetings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Proactive, superior attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Business acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, reliability, and sound judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong leadership and communications skills
- PMP Certification is required
- Periodic travel is required
Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.