If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Serve as the driving leadership for your respective area of responsibility. Fully organize, develop and utilize the resources available to achieve business objectives for the Parts Manufacturing Center (PMC) and AMSS. Lead by example to ensure employees work as a cohesive team with a positive, can-do attitude towards goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures of the corporation.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Responsible for leading 1st manufacturing operations.
- Place safety first and provide an environment and a culture of safety in all aspects of the organization.
- Excellent leadership, communication, planning and organizational skills.
- Lead by example to ensure employees work as a cohesive team with a positive, can-do attitude towards goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Performance Driven.
- Drive continuous improvement in organization structure and performance.
- Raise the bar on performance to build a culture that values follow through, quality, and commitment.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Serve as the driving leadership for your respective organization in your area of responsibility.
- Fully organize, develop and utilize the resources available to achieve business objectives for the PMC and AMSS.
- Drive key metrics into the organization and actively participate in accountability meetings.
- Set an example of commitment to Flowserve and energize others about the future in a manner that promotes higher levels of performance and motivates employees to go the extra mile.
- Planning direct and lead-team members toward common goals and objectives.
- Communicate and convey information broadly and in such a manner that it advances team and business goals, strengthens relationships, and transfers business knowledge.
- Continuous Improvement/Compliance drives support of the key objectives of Flowserve into the group which includes, working to achieve yearly targets, on time performance targets, and overall operational excellence.
- Consistently lead corrective action requests - takes initiative outside direct area of responsibility to drive quality improvements in the organization.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervisory role preferred.
- Must be familiar with part machining of very tight tolerances on CNC and conventional machines
- Responsible and accountable for the shop manufacturing operations
- Assure compliance with all corporate quality requirements
- Knowledge/experience with Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen process improvement.
- Ensure that job routers are reviewed, and issues resolved prior to release to the shop floor
- Work with engineering on issue resolution as required
- Effectively lead and manage people resources as measured by safety performance, turnover and employee development
- Manage shop resources to meet deliverables
- Meet or exceed on-time performance plan to ensure customer satisfaction
- Achieve monthly and quarterly shipments, quality and on time delivery plans
- Understanding of welding and heat-treating processes
Preferred Experience / Skills: same as above
Primary Posting Location: Houston, Texas US
Job Advertising Title: Production Supervisor
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 53571BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.