Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Production Manager within our Deer Park PVC Plant located in Deer Park, TX.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Prepare and administer programs, methods, systems, and practices for reducing costs and improving employee and plant efficiency, safety, productivity, and reliability.
- Establish processes to meet raw material needs/usage targets, permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, pipeline shipment targets, and railcar shipment targets.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the plant, provides strong leadership for the area and effectively manages the operations to make optimum use of the plant facilities and personnel and insures safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and efficient operations to manufacture quality products.
- Set operational priorities and allocate resources to meet the needs of the facility and business.
- Assist in customer coordination, complaint resolution, and product development.
- Partner with capital group and technical department to identify, prioritize, support AFE approval process, and schedule implementation of project work to improve the process.
- Develops the personnel in the department, directs work assignments, evaluates employee performance, and conducts employee discipline in a manner that is consistent with Company, policies and procedures.
- Communicates, implements, and assures compliance with governmental rules and regulations, as well as, Company plans, programs, policies, and procedures involved with the conduct of a safe, clean, environmentally sound, and efficient operation.