Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
This role is a key function to execute the various business strategies created by the Product Marketing Managers. Product specialists are responsible for coordinating activities across functions to benefit the product line, maximize profitability through sales price/cost management, and support the development of supplier relationships through proactive communication. This role is ideal for a candidate who has some experience in sales or purchasing and has interest in an entry level Product Management role.
Major responsibilities include:
- Contributes to the strategic development and execution of product management goals and objectives.
- Manages a subset of developing product lines
- Focuses on development opportunities within the Solvents portfolio and untapped market opportunities for growth.
- Maintains close supplier relationships with frequent, proactive, and professional communication to supplier representatives
- Acting product director when the Product Director is out of the office
- Supports Solvents business operations, broader initiatives, and market insights and analysis.
- Price management metrics analysis and maintenance withing the pricing cockpit
- Supplier program reviews, segmentation analysis, trends, exposure/risks analysis
- Interfaces with sales, purchasing, customer service, operations and network planning in support of solvents initiatives
- Manages asset utilization for the solvents team with guidance from Product Directors
- Owns the solvent fleet relationship with transportation and development of associated metrics for fleet sizing and utilization, lease recovery, and business requirements
- Develops and maintains market intelligence and consolidated reporting for the Solvents team.
- Generates key raw material, index, and market trends that support Marketing and Sales reporting with associated charts and graphs
- Develops and maintains customers segmentation reporting for use by Product Directors with Supplier partners and Sales
- Import Data reporting for key chemistries and competitive activity analysis
- Four year Technical or Business degree
- 3-5 years sales or purchasing experience in chemicals or closely associated industry
- Experience coordinating across many functions, gain alignment, and influence execution
- The role requires proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce, SAP/BW
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships and influence action
- Drive continuous improvement in business processes
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.