Ensures the effectiveness of Procurement and Materials Management systems and related business processes interfacing with related METRO Systems; Financials, Federal Acquisition Regulations, Uniform Guidance Regulations (Super Circular), SAP Procurement, SAP Materials Management and METRO’s Procurement Website. Identifies and coordinates business requirements with Operations, Materials Management, Accounting and Procurement. Assists Contract Administrators in processing SAP administrative change orders. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Works in coordination with IT to ensure new systems, implementations and upgrades are tested, approved and moved to production. Assigned as lead for user testing of new releases and system updates.
- Responsibilities include trouble shooting, reporting, data clean up, monitoring and resolving interface issues between various applications. Mentors and supports all aspects of the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes through payment.
- Supports METRO personnel on MM/SRM functionality. Assists vendors with registration on website.
- Develops reports for governmental requirements and user needs, as required.
- Provides application assistance and support to end users and METRO Bid users with Electronic Commerce web information.
- Creates custom menus and customizes help tests.
- Assists IT SAP support staff with SRM configuration testing and changes. Test Disaster Recovery and user acceptance testing. Works with IT, Procurement, Project Managers and Finance to resolve issues.
- Builds small applications for department use and assists IT in creating and modifying departmental applications. Researches, analyzes and implements new functionalities to support business processes.
- Develops departmental systems training material including training documents, videos, posts training material on-line and conducts in-house training for end users.
- Coordinates departmental IT needs and assists department users with all PC software and hardware related issues and migration to new software. Identifies and prepares plans for software, hardware, and other procurement application requirements with end users and management.
- Provides monthly Procurement statistics for the METRO website.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminates accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field.
Years & Experience Required
Minimum five (5) years professional experience in the areas of materials management and procurement and related experience working on computer-based Procurement or Material Management application systems. SAP experience is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of Procurement practices, concepts and techniques to include: Working knowledge of all aspects of the procurement cycle: Acquisition Planning, Advanced Procurement Plans, Requisitions/Shopping Carts, Solicitations, Awards, Contracts Administration, Receiving, Invoicing and Vendor Payments. General working knowledge of SAP SRM structure and technical workflows, BADI function modules and batch jobs is desirable. Knowledge of Financial, Accounting, and Material Management practices is helpful. Good human relations, communication and organizational skills. Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access). Knowledge of computer-based purchasing, financial and materials management systems.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.