OVERVIEW: This is a very visible position with a significant role within the Division and the manufacturing group. Promotability a key.
- Reviews daily operation of the production areas and performs process troubleshooting to maintain capacity operation as required.
- Identifies and implements projects for cost savings and long-term resolution of operational problems. Serves as Area Representative on some projects.
- Performs process optimization to maximize quality and minimize operating costs.
- Performs day-to-day yield improvement and process performance monitoring to assure maximum production output.
- Works with process operators, engineers, supervisors, specialists and other site personnel to develop, implement, and improve unit operations within the plant.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance department to schedule and plan daily work orders and unit shutdowns.
- Works with the Production Manager and other department staff to establish annual departmental goals and objectives for the site’s production areas.
- Coordinates and/or participates on quality and process improvement teams and serves as Area Representative for projects/tests to be done in the process area.
- Utilizes statistical methods for process optimization to maintain and improve quality/yields and to detect problems that may result in reduced rates and product quality non-compliance.
- Participates in other Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.