Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The Pro fee Medical Coder- Neurosurgery/Surgery will review clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10 Diagnosis codes, along with CPT/HCPCS codes as defined for the service type, for coding, billing, internal and external reporting, research as required, and regulatory compliance. Under the direction of the coding manager—the coder should accurately code conditions and procedures as documented and in accordance with ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, CMS/MAC rules and the CPT rules established by the AMA, and any other official coding guidelines established for use with mandated standard code sets. The coder scope may involve reviewing coding related denials from payers and recommending the appropriate action to resolve the claim based on payer guidelines. This is a 100% remote position.
- Computer Literacy.
- Good working knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology as well as Medical Terminology.
- Advanced knowledge of CMS/MAC guidance, Coding Skills, ICD-10-CM and CPT.
- Ability to analyze Provider documentation and assign codes accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written Communication Skills.
- Strong knowledge and application of Government and other payer guidelines as they relate to compliant coding.
- High level of Accuracy and Productivity. Meets or exceeds standards consistently.
- Ability to work independently.
- HIPAA compliant work stations.
- Strong working knowledge of Protected Health Information.
- Maintains professional credentials at all times.
- Organizational Skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must hold one of the following credentials: CPC or CCS-P.
- 3 years previous neurosurgery and/or general surgery coding experience.
- 3-5 years ICD-10 and CPT previous coding experience.
- Experience working Physician Coding Related Denials.
- Abide by all client policies and procedures.
- Abide by all Navigant policies and procedures.
- Must have experience working in systems such as EPIC, Cerner, Next Gen, Allscripts or other EHR.
- Personal responsibility, respect for self and others, innovation through teamwork, dedication to caring and excellence in customer service.
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Frequently travels by airplane, train or car as necessary to perform work at another location
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.