McDermott has an opening for aPrincipal I&C Engineer dealing with Control Systems. Position includes,among other things, an up-to-date working knowledge of Control Systems (DCS,SIS and FGS) and relevant Industry Codes and Standards along with thedevelopment of basis of design documents such as I/O lists, alarm and tripsummaries, complex loop descriptions and cause & effect matrices. Will also assist with training other engineers by providing instruction on newtechnologies and/or a specialization.
- General Description includes complex Instrumentation & Control Systems engineering design, analysis and development of an assigned scope of work in a MCDERMOTT project and/or specific complex deliverables such as DCS, SIS and FGS systems.
- Conceptual studies, cost and planning studies, layouts, design calculations, specification development and supervising vendor packages
- Able to communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to other engineers and non-engineers.
- Assists with training other engineers by providing instruction on new technologies and/or a specialization.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on McDermotts end- product whether engineering, fabrication or construction.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines.
- Must have served as the Lead Automation Engineer (DCS, SIS and FGS) on at least one (1) mid to large scale project ($500 Million )
- Must have experience managing an I&C Team
- Must have experience with multiple office project execution (MOPEX)
- Must have recent knowledge of Control Systems (DCS, SIS, FGS, etc), and Field Instrumentation
- Ensures effective management of change.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, and quantity and budget control.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery and/or petrochemical industries
- Experience with detailed instrumentation & control systems engineering experience in lead roles and/or specialization.
- Lead Automation Engineer on mid to large scale project
- DCS/PLC codes and standards both domestic and international.
- Must have broad technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and all types of control instrumentations.
- SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI), InstruCalc,MS Office Suite
- BSEE or BSME degree and P.E. certificate of registration
McDermott is a premier,fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutionsto the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trustedMcDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technologysolutionsfrom the wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oiland gas into the products the world needs today.