Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The focus of the Principal Engineer is to apply business opportunities and ensure products and services meet the required quality standards, by designing and developing new, or modifying existing products to meet actual or anticipated future customer needs.
The position is one of the main points of contact for the Tubular Running Services Product Development / Product Line Groups, and Customer Services team who determine the product requirements, as well as Manufacturing and their support team for making the products in line with the design parameters determined by Engineering.
The role is measured by the successful leading of assigned engineering projects, and accurate interpretation of product specification into effective designs/drawings that can be used to manufacture the products against time and quality requirements.
Perform general design duties as assigned by Management carrying out such duties as:
- Prepare detailed design proposals for development of new or existing products and technologies.
- Preparation of calculations and design packages for performance of design review.
- By application of mathematical and engineering equations, conduct design analysis, providing documented evidence to confirm the safe performance envelope stated for any given Product.
- Perform project management tasks such as developing project plan and costs, developing testing procedures and schedules, co-ordinate with other Engineers, draftsmen, test technicians, purchasing, and product line management.
- Prepares reports on the project status and results of the project.
- Prepares and maintains project documentation such as design review minutes, tests reports, design files, project inputs and outputs, and project costs.
- Production and maintenance of engineering drawings for use in the manufacture, assembly and testing of products using CAD systems.
- Responsible for checking of manufacturing drawings, design calculations, test reports and design layouts.
- Provide engineering assistance to the Quality Assurance, Manufacturing and Assembly Departments in the NCR process of manufactured, purchased and assembled products and parts
- Production and maintenance of test requests, test reports, job reports, and investigation reports.
- Conduct evaluations and design reviews of new and existing product designs.
- Assess cost implications of design changes or new designs, informing projected costs to Management.
- Participate in liaison with clients, where applicable, in conjunction with Product Line personnel, Customer Services, etc.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- May be required to travel locally as required to liaise with Manufacturing, Product Line and Operations personnel, as well as vendors / sub-contractors, customers and third party facilities.
- May be required to travel locally or internationally to support product development, testing, operational support, and product line engineering effort
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Degree in relevant Engineering field or a related discipline.
- Proficiency with a CAD 2D and or 3D Solid Modelling Software package.
- Familiar with generating manufacturing detailed drawings.
- Working knowledge of designing with metallic materials.
- Have a working knowledge of CAD and other computer software packages – sufficient to effectively utilise Weatherford systems
- Must have good Communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, planning, organizational and team skills
- Methodical, proactive and naturally inquisitive.
- Must have good communication skills.
- BEng or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
- Experience in designing mechanical systems from concept to validation testing.