If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Principal Data Analyst is a key contributor within the OptumLabs Privacy Office who influences enterprise transformation, research, and growth through a comprehensive data protection program. Working with cross-functional teams, this individual will execute and implement the methods and processes supporting de-identification activities within OptumLabs.
The chosen candidate will work in conjunction with OptumLabs’ analytics and research businesses as well as the Privacy Office team to evaluate, analyze and provide de-identification services and internal consulting expertise.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop statistical disclosure privacy models that support de-identification services
- Utilize statistical software such as R, SAS or SPSS to develop and perform standard statistical analysis, profiling, reporting and model implementation
- Conduct statistical disclosure analyses
- Interface with various data platforms, assets, and resources on data profiling, data structure review, and logical linkage
- Summarize and present results for non-technical client audience
- Work with data scientists and researchers to develop methods for statistical disclosure
- Contribute to quality processes and operational work product
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or closely related field
- 5+ years of experience with statistical programming languages such as SAS or R
- 3+ years of experience with various statistical methods, such as linear and logistic regression, time series, design of experiments
- 3+ years of industry experience with health data analytics or medical informatics
- Experience with reporting and database packages to deal with various analytical and data processing tasks
- Masters or pursing a Masters in Statistics, Applied Math, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or closely related field
- Experience with statistical and/or geospatial disclosure analysis and control is desired
- Experience with cryptography and computer security
- Experience working with large datasets, complex relational data models, and big data platforms
- Experience presenting data findings and trends in from research
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
We Lead with Diversity, Inclusion and Compassion
At OptumLabs, we are dedicated to building teams where every individual is recognized for their unique experience and contributions. Our Leadership Principles underscore our commitment to inclusion, encouraging us to “walk in each other’s shoes” and open doors for our peers.
UnitedHealth Group supports local, regional, and national organizations that share these values through joint initiatives, event and program participation, volunteerism and giving. Through our Connected Communities, employees can connect with others who have similar - or different - life experiences and backgrounds. These groups are led by peers, supported by Human Capital and championed by leaders.
We Invest in Talent
Managers at every level are committed to their roles as talent stewards who help guide and nurture professional development. We want our employees to reach their highest level of potential just as they help us reach ours. Join OptumLabs and you’ll be part of a culture that prizes innovation and works with uncompromising integrity.
At OptumLabs, employees are our first customers. That’s why we offer virtual work environments - to provide work/life flexibility via telecommuting. While it can be a struggle to be a telecommuter, it can also provide enormous benefits for your personal and professional life.
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Data Scientist, SAS, R, Statistics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Disclosure and Privacy Models, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Work from Home, Remote