Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry-everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system, and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 15+ years of IT experience mostly as Technical Architect or Technical Platform product owner
- Extensive Experience in leading Product Engineering, defining technical product / platform backlog, architecture, providing cutting edge solutions
- 7+ years of experience using web technologies, including, but not limited to: Java/JEE, DB (MySQL or Oracle or SQL Server etc), Spring, Microservices, Azure, kafka, Kubernetes, React etc
- 7+ years of experience leading technical solutions architecture for data intensive and high throughput platforms and applications
- 7+ years of experience and Solid working knowledge with multiple distributed system architectures and patterns such as SOA, micro-services, REST etc.
- Ability to build prototypes to demonstrate the technical feasibility of your vision
- Professional experience facilitating and leading solution design, architecture, and planning activities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills including explaining complex concepts effectively to technical and non-technical audience
- Solid leadership skills having lead changes in large teams using Agile practices
- Extensive experience in cloud migration with strong knowledge of following cloud services
- Security & Monitoring
- Vault management
- Certificate management
- Kubernetes services
- API Gateway
- Server less functions
- Load balancer
- Demonstrate technical cloud architectural knowledge with a focus on Azure (Preferred) and AWS and play an important role in the design, staging, quality assurance, and development of cloud infrastructure running in 24x7 environments
- Oversee all aspects of the cloud environment, including provisioning, scaling, monitoring, and security
- Developing cloud strategies aligned with business objectives and focusing on cloud migrations
- Provide leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques, including the migration of mass applications to the cloud, including the implementation of Azure(Preferred) and AWS within global enterprise environments.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture, Data Platform, DevOps, and Integration Teams to ensure cloud adoption follows standard best practices
- Adhere to best practices in security and compliance for all cloud solutions
- Multi cloud solution understanding
- Experience with UIFrameworks such as ReactJS (preferred) or AngularJS
- Experience with Microservice architecture using Java Spring
- Having a good understanding of IAM solutions and implementation
- Working experience with web services (REST, SOAP) and/or exp in Microservices
- Experience with CI/CD tools and Infrastructure as a code tool like Jenkins, Terraform, Azure Pipelines
- Coordinates with product and project management to determine the technical feasibility of new roadmap items.
- Identify and propose reusable architectures
- Ensure team follows best practices and improve application performance.
- Work closely with Enterprise architecture groups and drive solutions
- Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
- Influence peers without authority by inspiring them to use cutting edge tools and build best of the breed solutions
- Project management experience is advantageous
- In-depth understanding of coding languages
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is preferred
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s degree in computer science (preferred) or related subjects, or relevant work experience
- 15+ years of experience in Software Engineering with 5+ years as a Senior Architect
- 10+ years of experience using web technologies, including, but not limited to: Java/JEE, DB (MySQL or Oracle or SQL Server etc), Spring, Microservices, UI Frameworks,
- 10+ years of experience leading technical solutions architecture for data intensive and high throughput platforms and applications
- 5+ years of experience in any public cloud (azure, google, aws) with strong knowledge of following base cloud services
- Experience with writing Technical/System requirements for healthcare data applications and data interfaces
- Experience in building Technical Platforms
- Experience designing data integration systems
- Knowledge of Security, Privacy and PHI/PII concerns
- Knowledgeable in healthcare domain industry standard patterns and practices
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.