Title: Premier Banker- Crossing At Katy Fulshear Branch, Katy TX
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Premier Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com .
In this role you will:
- Proactively acquire new affluent consumer and small business customers, and deepen existing relationships, through outreach and pre-planned appointments
- Review and analyze moderately complex customer concerns
- Escalate banking related issues or business risks that require an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Advise customers on various aspects of recommended and available financial options and services
- Maintain deep knowledge and understanding of Wells Fargo's banking, credit and investment financial solutions and services
- Identify client needs and goals for business, mortgage, retirement and investment services, then partner closely with peers in Business Banking, Mortgage and Wealth and Investment Management to best meet the previously identified need, consistent with clients overall financial circumstances and goals
- Serve as a risk management leader for understanding and managing risks in the business, adhering to policies, procedures, and controls, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Collect information directly from customers regarding income, assets, investments, and credit; analyze information to develop customized plan identifying Wells Fargo's products and services that will best meet customer's financial needs and goals, including highly complex needs.
- Build relationships with branch colleagues, affluent customers, and partners to acquire, deepen, and retain relationships, and to also help customers succeed financially
- Exercise independent judgement and discretion in managing client relationships through regular meetings to review financial condition and goals, provide advice regarding services and products to meet changing circumstances
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 4+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, and/or education
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and partners
- 3+ years of experience recommending products and services
- Current registrations for FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) are required for the Senior Branch Premier Banker role; for individuals without these current registrations, participation in the licensing study program as a Program Associate and successfully passing the FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 (or equivalent) licensing examinations within a specified period of time is first required prior to becoming a Premier Banker; the required time frame for achieving passing score(s) will be communicated to the candidate under offer acceptance.
- Successfully completed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) sufficient to qualify for immediate FINRA registration
- For the following states where hired, FINRA Series 65 (or equivalent) will also be required for immediate registration: AK, AL, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY** must have an Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) registration (via Series 65 or 66 exam requirement) in order to receive asset credit for any investment advisory product programs. **The State of WY permits referral-only licensed bankers to receive the IAR registration without completing the Series 65/66 exam requirement.
- State Life Insurance license(s)
- Financial services industry experience in one or a combination of the following: corporate, consumer, mortgage, investments, brokerage, or private banking
- Experience recommending financial services products and services
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability to educate and connect customers to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources, or military recruiting
- Current registration for FINRA Series 6 or 7 and Series 63 or 66 examinations (or equivalent) are required for this role or must be completed within a specified period of time and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance.
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate FINRA license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position
- In addition to state registration and licensing requirements, specific product licenses or SAFE licensing may apply. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA licensing review process at the time of offer acceptance. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite will be required. State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period of time determined by the required number of licenses to be obtained and will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance.
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness, and criminal background standards.
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.