• This position will work under the guidance and/or direction of the Practice Management team in collaboration with other administrative departments across the Firm. This position is responsible for providing administrative and project support to the Global Practice Management team. Working closely with the team supporting all firm practice groups, this role is ideal for driven candidates seeking a growth path in Global Practice Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with gathering, indexing and distributing information from various Firm sources regarding financial performance, talent matters, and the like at the firmwide and practice group levels
• Utilizes the available financial tools to extract data and run queries to use in testing or building reports
• Performs financial analysis and interprets results
• Assist with the preparation of slides for practice groups presentation and/or other Firmwide initiatives
• Compiles and formats financial data, including inventory and revenue, in excel for presentation to the requesting team member(s)
• Assists with periodic analyses of practice performance, drawing attention to material changes from prior periods and/or budget
• Communicates on a regular basis with billing coordinators regarding the status of inventory, and liaises with Director or Associate Director of Global Practice Management regarding same
• Assists with annual revenue and expense budgets for the practice groups, as well as periodic reforecasts during the year to ascertain the continued validity of budget assumptions
• Participates in annual evaluation processes, including testing data and reports for accuracy
• Monitors and reports on professional activities spending charged to the practice groups, including in comparison to plan
• Update and assist with the maintenance of practice management resources and process documents
• Assists on research assignments focused on clients, prospective targets, matters, industries, markets, and competition using firm resources, including multiple online databases
• Supports a variety of initiatives across the firm on an ad hoc and longer-term assigned basis
• Provide special reporting or analysis as assigned
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Vinson & Elkins will require COVID vaccination for all employees who will have any in-office presence with proof of vaccination being required. Individuals with medical or religious reasons for remaining unvaccinated may request an accommodation.
• Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.