The City of Tomball, a rapidly growing, progressive community of traditional family values is accepting applications for full-time Police Officers. As a northwest suburb of Houston, Tomball serves a resident population of approximately 11,000, and a daytime business and commuter population of approximately 100,000.
- TCOLE Certification required at time of conditional offer of employment
- Valid Texas driver's license with a good driving record
- H.S. Diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must pass written exam and physical fitness test consisting of a row on a Concept 2 rowing machine
- Must successfully pass physical examination, psychological testing, polygraph, thorough background investigation and oral review board
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment and random drug screening
- Must complete a City of Tomball application to be considered
Hiring range - $59,525 - $62,501
Salary range - $59,525 - $80,534
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications
- Entry level testing will be administered on Saturday, August 20, 2022. The Physical Fitness test will be conducted on the same day as the written exam. Please see the testing information for more details.
Written Exam & Physical Fitness Testing
Saturday August 20, 2022
Location: Tomball Police Department
Tomball, TX 77375
Physical fitness testing consists of a 500 meter, a 4 minute or a 2000 meter row on a Concept 2 rowing machine. A score of 70% is considered passing. Please refer to the rowing charts on the website for the time requirements for 500 meters and the distance requirements for the 4 minute row. For information on the 2000 meter row please visit app.dps.mn.gov/msptroopercandidate/home/fitnessrequirements
Prior to submitting an application review minimum qualifications on both the position posting as well as the physical agility testing requirements. Please refrain from submitting an application at this time if you are unable to meet the minimum qualifications.
Candidates must be inside the testing site at exactly 8:00 A.M. and will be required to show proof of identification, preferably by Texas Drivers License, upon entering the testing facility. Candidates are not to bring any property with them. (no cellular phone, pager, PDA, weapons, paper, notebooks) Testing administrators will provide all pens, pencils and note taking materials. You must have an application on file with City of Tomball Human Resources in order to be eligible to participate in the testing.
Be prepared to test for approximately 2-3 hours
Please contact CAPT Brandon Patin for any questions at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or @ 281-290-1344
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement - The City of Tomball does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, National Origin, Sex, Religion, Age or Disability in employment or the provision of services.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro