You can expect a lot from a career at Worley.
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And weve broken several records along the way.
Were excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, theres never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
Whatever your ambition, theres a path for you here. And theres no barrier to your potential career success.
We are currently looking for a
People Director Field Services, Americas
Provide day to day strategic support to our Field Services business across North America. Support across business lines in the Americas operations and functions. Ensuring appropriate compliance frameworks across the people function and delivering agreed priorities, activities and operations.
This role reports directly to the Group Director, People Americas and has direct reports including Managers from the following groups:
- Workforce Development
- Americas Labor Relations
- US Non-Building trades and project support
- Occupational Health
- People Leadership: Act as the functional lead for the Field Services People leads. In conjunction with the Global People Team, develop and support the People Group strategy. Assure people strategies and priorities are aligned to business needs. Be available for advice, guidance and counselling for People group employees. Be the focal point for expert advice on People issues. Work collaboratively and transparently with Global People Function Specialists and the Functional Specialists within the region to assure optimal delivery to the businesses.
- Regional Business Leadership Team Role: Support development and implementation of the business strategy, ensuring the people strategy aligns with the priorities of the regional business strategies. Partner with regional teams to achieve diversity objectives. Facilitate employee engagement actions and collaborate with Locations to develop their engagement plans. Collaborate with other Regional People teams to facilitate career opportunities for top talent
- Operational accountability: Operationally, ensure delivery of the HR calendar of activities. Deliver the overall suite of activities as required by the Group and the Region.
- Compliance: Ensure that structures and processes are in place across all Field Service locations to ensure compliance with HR-related legislation, location practice, and company policies/ processes.
- Risk Management: Understand risks and gaps in human resource services. Communicate gaps and assist to manage issues and/or put in place structures to address risks.
- Sponsorship of the People Agenda: Promote and sponsor the people agenda within the Field Services business.
- Coordination & Collaboration: Coordinate Filed Services People leads to collaborate and share knowledge and resources where appropriate. Drive the sharing of knowledge particularly from locations where the People function is more mature to those where it is low resourced or lower capability/capacity.
- Network Development and Sponsorship: Create and build HR-related functional networks to support the broader business. Networks will support the broader specialist functional needs in the absence of external or global teams and expertise.
- People Team Development: Ensure that the appropriate capability to execute HR activities exists in the business. Manage capability gaps and develop people to close those. Upskill Field Service people teams and increase overall HR capability in the Field Services business.
- Aim towards best practice: Seek out and implement more efficient or effective methods of managing HR activities.
- External Providers: Manage external provider relationships or preferred supplier agreements in the Field Service business, as required
Qualification, Experience and Key Competencies:
- Qualifications in Human Resources, Commerce, Management or equivalent.
- Experience in Human resources field for over 15 years, plus experience in a regional/business unit role.
- Previous experience in field services, resources, oil & gas; engineering, project management, construction or other industry related field.
- Understanding and awareness of the importance of HSE and how it inter-relates with Human Resources.
- Strong relationship building skills to influence stakeholders for business value add. An ability to relate to people across different levels of status, cultures and ethnicities. Effectively develop relationships both within the People Function and with business clients and customers.
- Demonstrated capability in developing teams with high capability
- Demonstrated ability working with diverse stakeholders in a 360 degrees manner.
- Must have a sense of urgency and accountability to deliver
- Must be agile to a fast paced, lean organization
- Ability to adjust HR priorities to the business needs
- Ability to consult and communicate with business stakeholders before making key decisions
- Mindset to align the goals of the business when designing HR programs
- Strong collaboration skills to work with team across the region
- Ability to manage and lead a diverse team across the region
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.