For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. ERC is a trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Check us out on ERC.US
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 55 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers and Designers.
- Provide printed circuit board design support to various projects at the NASA Johnson Space Center Engineering Divisions.
- Create multilayer PCB designs and layout using Altium Designer.
- Work with Electrical Engineers to implement desired design packages.
- Work with Mechanical Engineers and Designers to implement desired packaging plans.
- Perform the implementation of analog, digital, high frequency, matched differential pairs, and high-power circuitry, utilizing through hole and surface mount technologies.
- Create Gerber data and package all files for fabrication.
- Create PCB footprints for the master library by interpreting manufacturer's data sheets.
- Document and archive schematic diagrams, PCB assembly drawings, PCB mechanical support drawings, and wiring harness drawings.
- Work with vendor manufacturers to communicate and provide clarity during PCB fabrication.
- Perform other tasks assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Or begin typing free text here.
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Certification of two (2) years training from a vocational training school or two (2) years of college with courses relevant to drafting or engineering principles, plus an additional six (6) years of relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the progressive experience.
- In-depth experience, proficiency, and knowledge of Altium Designer.
- Detailed knowledge of IPC standards (such as IPC-2222 and IPC-2221A).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- IPC CID Certification
- Experience with other printed circuit board design packages such as PADS, Mentor Graphics, ORCAD Capture etc.
- Experience and knowledge with impedance control and matching, differential pairs, buried capacitance, EMI control, high frequency applications etc.
- Familiarity with NASA and or Military design/drawing standards.
- Working knowledge of high-power applications and design for thermal management.
- Extensive experience with various form factors and specifications including but not limited to PCIe, PCI, VME etc.
- Experience with layout of multi-pin fine pitch and ball grid components.
- Working knowledge of the PCB fabrication and assembly processes.
- Knowledge and skill in drafting methods, procedures and techniques required.
- Must have the ability to produce drawings conforming to ASM Y14.5 using AutoCad and or Pro/E.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.
- This position is expected to pay $00,000 to $00,000 annually, depending on experience, education and any certifications that are directly related to the position.