There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist
We are currently seeking a Payroll Tax Compliance Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for meeting critical deadlines required by government agencies by preparing all Federal, State and local employment tax deposits and returns as required by various Federal and State laws. Also responsible for researching various tax inquiries and notices from tax agencies and auditors. This position provides support to Sales and other internal departments with employment tax questions and supports clients/employees with transition or daily operational inquiries.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
· Ensures submission of timely, accurate tax deposits and reports, and remains in compliance with all employment tax laws in order to limit legal exposure for Insperity.
· Interacts with various Federal, State and local taxing agencies regarding compliance with regulatory guidelines as well as resolving related issues.
· Prepares daily Federal, State and local tax deposits including processing reports, preparing check requests and tax coupons, coding check requests for the general ledger, filing paperwork and ensuring any deposits are mailed or submitted electronically in a timely manner, and performing electronic payment submissions.
· Ensures accurate payment and general ledger coding of all check or ACH payments for State unemployment taxes on Insperity accounts and all client accounts in states requiring client level reporting.
· Prepares all returns for state income tax, state unemployment tax and various local taxes. Assists in all year-end processing and reporting, including W-2’s and W-2C’s.
· Verifies that tax reports and payments from Master Tax program reconcile with AIMS system.
· Files amended returns as needed to correct state income and unemployment taxes.
· Prepares and enters all master file adjustments to the payroll system on a regular basis to ensure correctly issued W-2 forms and SUI returns.
· Ensures accuracy of all check requests for tax related refunds and calculates taxes due on pre-tax deduction refunds.
· Partners with Insperity Payroll Services (IPS) on tax reporting/payments for shared clients with employees on both IPS and Insperity PEO payrolls. Provides support to clients transitioning to Insperity both by assisting internal service departments and Sales and dealing directly with clients on State Unemployment Insurance registration/transition paperwork and questions.
· Provides documentation to assist clients choosing to close payroll related tax accounts.
· Advises and guides internal personnel regarding Federal and State payroll tax regulations and the correct processing of payrolls.
· Works with Unemployment Claims group in resolving unemployment benefit denials due to erroneous information given/entered into AIMS payroll system.
· Assists in researching client FEIN issues and corrections due to erroneous information given/entered into AIMS.
· Provides information or explanations requested by auditors.