There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for acting as a trusted advisor and client service professional by providing timely and accurate advice around payroll compliance and delivering payroll solutions that positively impact the client’s business and creates client retention and growth. This role troubleshoots situations, educates clients, develops partnerships with stakeholders and creates the environment to demonstrate the depth, breadth and level of care that creates value in the Insperity relationship.
Under moderate supervision and little decision-making:
- Executes client relationship strategy that instills trust in the accurate and timely delivery of payroll services for high volume of small to medium size clients with various client company structures and in multiple states/localities.
- Reviews payroll data supplied by clients for accuracy and completeness, inputs and balances payroll data accurately, ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, processes payroll, and reviews/analyzes payroll reports for accuracy and distributes to clients.
- Researches, gathers and analyzes client needs pertaining to payroll processing, reporting, related Insperity services and day-to-day operations for assigned clients.
- Assesses payroll needs and identifies/recommends payroll service solutions to streamline or enhance the payroll service delivery to clients based on market/industry trends that have a positive impact to the client.
- Leverages internal resources to provide exceptional client service, meets deadlines and keeps stakeholders informed of resolution status.
- Interfaces with department management and other internal constituents to support actions and initiatives, which improves region-wide client retention.
- Participates in client meetings to support clients’ perception of the value derived from Insperity’s services. Maintains flexibility in schedule to accommodate clients’ needs.
- Maintains knowledge of a business’s financial operation relating to payroll and accounting for small to mid-size business operations from an owner/payroll contact/on-site supervisor/CPA perspective to make business decisions and give guidance to clients.
- Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks in a timely manner; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Escalates complex client issues and follows through to resolution, ensuring appropriate communication to all involved parties. Adjusts effectively while working with different clients who have different structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Maintains knowledge in federal, state and local payroll administration laws, regulations and best practices. Supports process and audit efforts to ensure integrity and accountability for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Provides customer focused interaction ensuring timely response and effective follow-up on client and/or internal requests and/or issues.
- Provides ongoing and timely communication to payroll teammates, payroll supervisor and service teams on the status of the relationship with the client, and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to the maintenance of the client relationship.
- Acts as back-up for other payroll functions as assigned.