Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The PSU Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) works in collaboration with our Contracted and Affiliated WellMed physicians, their advance practice clinicians, and their clinic staff. The purpose of the collaboration is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a mostly Medicare-aged population on a Medicare Advantage Plan. The NP or PA will educate providers on proper coding, risk adjustment metrics, capturing documentation, and adhering to quality protocols. The NP or PA will also interview patients to ensure proper documentation and to ensure all preventative screenings have been complete.
The PSU will travel to different clinics primarily in the Houston area. The NP or PA performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP or PA will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned