Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The PSU Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA) works in collaboration with our Contracted and Affiliated WellMed physicians, their advance practice clinicians, and their clinic staff. The purpose of the collaboration is to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a mostly Medicare-aged population on a Medicare Advantage Plan. The NP or PA will educate providers on proper coding, risk adjustment metrics, capturing documentation, and adhering to quality protocols. The NP or PA will also interview patients to ensure proper documentation and to ensure all preventative screenings have been complete.
The PSU will travel to different clinics primarily in the Houston area. The NP or PA performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The NP or PA is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP or PA will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant in Primary Care
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Familiarity with primary care and chronic condition codes
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, NP, Physician Assistant, PA, TX, Texas