At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for assisting the Registered Nurse in providing medical and surgical care to patients in the Emergency Center or clinic setting.
Paramedic, Alvin Onsite Clinic, FT Nights
*Full time; 5pm-5am or 7pm-7am + mandatory overtime
*3 shifts on, 4 shifts off then 4 shift on, 3 shifts off
*TX Paramedic license and TWIC Card required
*1+ year of Paramedic experience required
*ER, Ambulance or Plant Site experience preferred
This position is located at FM 2917, Alvin, TX 77512.
Education: Completion of a Paramedic training programand required hospital and/or field training
Licenses/Certifications: Certified as a Paramedic by the Texas Department of Health; certified in Basic Life Support, BTLS, ACLS, PALS within six (6) months of hiring
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year minimum experience as a paramedic
- Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting
- Ability to perform 24/7 on-call duties as required by clinical operations
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
- Delivers appropriate patient care at a competent level and according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Assists Register Nurse in the treatment of the emergency patients and performs procedures identified on the Skills Inventory.
- Assists in the communication and prioritization of patient care.
- Obtains subjective and objective data.
- Documents on Emergency Center records according to hospital standards; provides patient/family with discharge information and/or education.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.