Location: Houston, TX
Below is Job Description
Title: OSP Engineer
Duration: 14 Months Contract on W2
Location: Houston, TX
The Fiber engineering groups are regional. The engineer is responsible for all aspects of fiber design and allocation, route design, and map creation. Projects requiring Fiber Design can either be customer funded based on service orders or company funded initiatives (ie: expansion, overbuild, municipal projects, etc.)
Essential Job Functions:
• Attend Kick-Off meetings (examples when new backbone, lateral, and/or riser fiber is required.)
• Design backbone fiber route.
• Complete Cost Requests from Sales Engineering with firm costs to be provided for all necessary splicing based on existing network fiber conditions.
• Obtain necessary circuit identifiers from groups; or create as required.
• Create a Fiber design maps for A-Z fiber locations.
• Design fiber route and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for vendors performing splicing work within the active backbone.
• Provide fiber assignments to Construction Team for lateral fibers to last demarc panel
• Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to vendors.
• Submit all necessary Change management notifications and adhere to field activity policies and guidelines.
• Review the final splice & test packages, pictures for closeout
• After completion close out tasks in appropriate system(s).
• Approve vendor invoices for the project.
• Work hand in hand with PMs, OSP Engineers, & 3GIS techs.
• Create work orders for overbuild and expansion projects.
• Review capacity reports and plan network augments on high utilization fiber routes.
• Fiber Design engineers are responsible for all emergency and trouble response. All engineers participate in On-Call rotation.
• Work jointly with the NOC, Field Operations, and Change management; and mobilize necessary repair crews to isolate and restore any fiber impairments.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 year technical degree or equivalent work experience
• BS/BA (preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees) or equivalent work experience preferred
• A valid driver’s license required
• One (1) to three (3) years of fiber engineering and construction management experience or equivalent and one (1) to three (3) years of field construction management experience with preference to both outside plant and inside plant fiber construction.
• Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
• Working knowledge of NESC, NEC and OSHA standards preferred
• Preference will be given to candidates with BSCE, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills
• Strong project management skills with attention to details
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
• Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word and PowerPoint) skills
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic problem solving environment
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication skills
• Basic telecommunications experience/knowledge
• PMP certification a plus
• A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
• Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions the majority of the time.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com