TelForce Group is looking for OSP Designer Engineers in TX (Austin, Dallas & Houston), Las Vegas, NV, Oklahoma City, OK & Raleigh, NC. These are contract-to-hire positions. We also need Senior OSP Design Engineers.
The OSP Designer II creates project designs, estimates costs, identifies appropriate materials and equipment, creates drawings, and estimates project timelines for the placement of fiber optic cables, poles, conduit, transmission equipment and associated electronics. The OSP Designer II creates designs based on current and past network architectures. This role is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of moderate to advanced complexity construction drawings for telecommunication projects. The OSP Designer II is responsible for addressing the fit-up, feasibility, and accuracy of proposed scope of work and working with senior staff to remedy or communicate alternatives with project management.
OSP Designer Engineer Description:
· Effectively work on multiple fiber design projects from award to completion including site acquisition, engineering, permitting, construction and project closeout.
· Effectively communicate any obstacles that may impact budget or schedule to senior management and customer
· Read, analyze, & understand specific project scopes of work and translate into design requirements
· Provide suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data intended to afford design personnel the optimum opportunity to design the most effective plant placement.
· Research system plant maps to determine system extension effects on surrounding cable plant and node placement sizing.
· Responsible for underground and aerial permitting with state DOTs, cities, counties, railroads, environmental, and other permitting authorities. Proficiency with IKE software is preferred but not required.
· Convert field notes, architectural, engineering and/or plan sketches into working construction drawings using the required software per customer specifications.
· Revise construction drawings per customer and internal redlines.
· Maintain a familiarity with individual client requirements and adapt to new client preferences.
· Work collaboratively with field staff and the permitting groups to prepare, draft, and review the necessary drawings for construction, permitting, and records.
· Perform moderate to advanced CAD or GIS tasks
· Manage timelines and deliverable quality on small to medium sized projects with the assistance of the Project Manager.
· May perform as a project lead or technical specialist on the team on smaller projects
· Perform detailed checking and redlines work performed by others on assigned project(s).
· Work with the Manager to develop new templates, tool palettes, macros, LISPs, and other time saving processes.
· Ensure accurate project status tracking to facilitate project management reporting.
· Perform site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and site modification projects.
· Occasional travel (less than 10%) for engineering inspections and mappings