Position Description - Operator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Load and unload liquid products into or from tank cars, barges, and shore tanks, in a safe and efficient manner. Gauge and sample tanks to insure customer products meet specifications. Perform all work in strict accordance with company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Load refined products from storage tanks to railcars.
- Unload crude oil from railcars to pipeline.
- Connect and disconnect the top and bottom of railcars.
- Connect and disconnect barges to the dock.
- Perform tank line up for railcar, barge, and tank transfer activities.
- Perform all work in strict accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Climb tank stairs, operate valves and pumps, and gauge tanks.
- Perform or assist in the performance of preventive and regular maintenance duties.
- Assist Operations with product transfer alignments including piping, pumps and associated valves.
- Perform facility maintenance/housekeeping duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Regularly exposed to outside in adverse weather conditions and also but not limited to: heights in excess of 5 feet, work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas, etc.
- Climb ladders and work at high elevations, using the proper safety equipment
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, bend, squat, reach etc. for extended periods of time
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle operator's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers
- Must pass and complete Safety training/certification as required by customers to work in their facilities and as required by Kinder Morgan at all locations
- Must obtain and/or meet all requirements to enter foreign trade zones; such as background checks by both the U.S. Coast Guard and the Department of Homeland Security, i.e. obtain and maintain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Attributes listed below are highly desirable:
• Two or four year degree with any discipline from accredited college or university OR
• Honorable discharge US military , any branch OR
• Three years terminal operations/maintenance experience OR
• Five years of Industrial experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.