We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the plant production department, reporting to the Plant Manager. This function is accountable for meeting the production operating budget as well as maintaining a high productivity and efficiency rate for the hourly workforce. The Production Superintendent will work closely with the rest of the leadership team in the implementation of plant objectives as well as supporting the site HSE programs and provide active leadership in the Quality Management.
- Provide direction and leadership to the operations team
- Responsible for controlling budget of the operations team
- Coordinate and prioritize the sites Support Organizations so that can properly support the operations group (purchasing, HSE, Logistics, Maintenance, Materials Movement, Process Improvement, etc)
- Solve production, shift personnel, and raw material issues
- Work with HSE to ensure safety and environmental activities are getting supported by operations
- Work with Engineering on future projects and current improvement ideas
Experience & Qualifications (special skills, knowledge, ability, education, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or science related field, such as chemical engineering or chemistry.
- 10 years of production experience in a chemical manufacturing or batch processing environment.
- At least 5 years of direct supervisory experience managing hourly employees.
- A strong understanding and experience in OSHA regulations, hazardous materials handling, and environmental regulations.
- A proven record of responsiblilty/accountability to meeting department and plant operating budgets, integrating production processes across multiple shifts, and safety leadership.
- Logistics and/or Warehouse Experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to satisfy the internal customer requirements of this position
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks will be essential
- Possesses a high level of initiative and is able to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Maintains a sense of urgency, individual responsibility, and possesses the ability to effectively work under pressure and with changing priorities
- SAP experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
11200 Bay Area Boulevard, Pasadena, Texas, 77507, United States
Requisition Number: 89550
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.