DNV GL - Energy is seeking an Offshore Wind Project Manager. The Offshore Wind Project Manager is responsible for acting as Project Manager on project development and owner’s engineering contracts with offshore wind project development, with an emphasis on the Atlantic market. DNV GL is specifically seeking an enthusiastic candidate with a strong background in managing offshore wind development activities or in-water work. This position will be Customer-facing, with significant opportunities for leadership and autonomy in the day to day management of projects. This position can be located in Medford (Boston), MA; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA; Arlington, VA; Seattle, WA; Houston, TX or Remote from other cities in the Continental USA.
The Offshore Wind PM will join the expanding North American Offshore Wind Team within the multi-disciplinary Project Development and Engineering Department, which is part of DNV GL’s Renewables Advisory service line, and contains nearly 100 scientists, engineers, and environmental professionals. The dynamic working environment will require employees who are easily adaptable and have the experience and technical skillset to provide services across a wide range of current contracts, including those in the development, permitting, construction, and operational phases of project lifecycles.
DNV GL is looking for a dynamic candidate with great communication skills, ability to develop strong relationships with Customers to solve their technoeconomic challenges when developing an offshore wind project, and someone who can take ownership and lead a collaborative multi-disciplinary team of subject matter experts within DNV GL. The Offshore Wind PM may engage in a variety of tasks based on their skills, ranging from assisting Customers with RFP submittal preparation for lease areas and procurement processes; engaging in stakeholder, public, and agency meetings; developing SAP/COP/EIS content and other environmental documentation; providing technical due diligence for projects obtaining financing or for sale; and many other general development activities. Importantly, the Offshore Wind PM will be responsible for evaluating new contract opportunities, authoring proposals, and considering where DNV GL’s services should change to meet the needs of the growing offshore wind market in North America.
Why you should work with us?
Because within DNV GL’s Renewables Advisory group, organizational culture, and more specifically how we collectively influence the world for future generations, matters deeply to us. Our team works every day to increase the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to address climate change and positively impact society; endeavors to achieve our purpose through the success of our customers; and strives to be high-performing and innovative. Our approach reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Tasks May Include
- Act as Project Manager for multi-disciplinary projects, interfacing with Customers, maintaining quality from sales through delivery, and delivering on DNV GL’s comprehensive service offerings from pre-feasibility phase through to decommissioning. The Offshore Wind Project Manager will be responsible for multiple client interactions including scoping, status reporting, and discussion and review of project deliverables.
- DNV GL operates under the seller-doer model, so in addition to project management tasks, the Offshore Wind Project Manager will be responsible for business development activities, identifying opportunities in the local market, maintaining the required network of contacts, and providing key market intelligence to help develop services according to the local industry needs, with an expected individual annual sales target between $500k-$2M.
- Support technical advisory services for offshore projects under development, which may include earliest phases of lease area evaluation; market, partnering, and competitor analysis; RFP preparation; permit and study preparation; managing civil and electrical engineering studies; managing wind resource assessment and measurement campaigns; due diligence and project evaluations; etc.
- Interface with and motivate project team members from multiple technical disciplines and departments, employing technical acuity, knowledge, and imparting experience to effectively communicate scopes and critical project success factors independently.
- Prepare and deliver technical reports, presentations and discuss methodologies and results with Customers.
- Other typical duties may include managing (or self-performing) renewable energy project preliminary design activities; site assessment; assessing need for and selling power systems planning and grid interconnection services; understanding energy estimates and associated methodologies; technology evaluation and risk assessment; EPC contract evaluation, selection, and monitoring; technical report writing; site inspections; technical contract review; CapEX and OpEX benchmarking; operations and maintenance review; financial modeling and review; understanding regulatory compliance; construction monitoring; and travel to client and remote sites.
- Participate in industry events as well as local and global internal R&D projects related to DNV GL’s offshore wind business.
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- Concentration in a STEM field (Preferred)
- Master’s degree (Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the offshore wind industry. (Required)
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in one of the following areas preferred: offshore wind permitting, NEPA, floating technology, transmission, offshore logistics (installation and operations), port infrastructure, offshore wind supply chain development, due diligence.
- You must have a general understanding of offshore wind technology components, development lifecycle, procurement processes and project costs, and relevant stakeholders and industry decision makers.
- Candidate must have a well-developed network of contacts within the northeastern US and North American wind energy industry. (Required)
- You must have demonstrated experience working on offshore wind energy projects in North America, or similar other renewable energy or offshore/in-water infrastructure projects. (Required)
- We are looking for a self-starter, able to generate and contract new business, manage projects entirely independently, collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, train and develop junior staff, manage sensitive and confidential customer information, and have the ability to understand when to delegate and escalate tasks and issues as they arise.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail are a must!
- Excellent project management skills are required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- The ability to comfortably explain complicated analysis methodologies or results, scopes of work, budget or contracting terms, and other relevant offshore wind technical topics to a wide range of audiences is essential.
- Willing to travel 10 to 20% of the time, domestic and international.
- We conduct pre-employment background and drug screening
Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!