Albion's Logistics Division is in need of a Ocean Manager for a company located in Houston, TX. Responsible for planning, organizing and managing operations, supporting sales efforts, employees and budgets associated with import and/or export ocean services programs.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Manage and control overall integrity and profitability of the import/export ocean transportation products
- Profit and Loss responsibility for assigned import/export area.
- Perform administrative and financial functions associated with the ocean import/export product
- Participate in all aspects of import/export pricing elements
- Support claims investigations are handled centrally at the CSG
- Manage and control shipping lines performance through the non-conformity process
- Prepare RFQ’s. Provides services related to the contract if successful
- Select and place staff, ensure staff receives training for job activities, and define specific job assignments. Manage performance to ensure required levels of productivity and organizational objectives are met
- Establish and maintain positive employee relations and promote excellent internal communication
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel): This is a management position. Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 2-4 years of related supervisory or management experience.
Applicants will work in the customer's facility located in the Houston, TX area
- Albion uses E-Vertify to verify employment eligibility.
- Pre-Employment and random Drug and Background testing applicable.
- Only Local Candidates will be considered; no relocation provided.
- Reliable Transportation to/from the workplace is necessary.