We're making a strong connection between exceptional patient care and outstanding career opportunities. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward. As a Telephone Case Manager RN with UnitedHealth Group, you'll support a diverse member population with education, advocacy and connections to the resources they need to feel better and get well. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Apply today!
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
UMR is a part of UnitedHealth Group and we offer tailored programs designed to enhance clinical outcomes and reduce costs to customers. UMR offers best-in-class programs and care management services to help customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place.
In this role a Maternity Management Case Manager will educate expectant families, coach for lifestyle change when appropriate and screen for high risk situations. Telephonic interactions with members are structured around pregnancy and post-partum education and screening. Health coaching for behavior change and self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
If you are located in a Compact State you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Effectively screens for high risk maternity situations
- Coach and motivate program participants to take action to reduce risk of pregnancy and post-partum complications
- Provide individualized member education
- Utilize established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Exercise clinically sound judgment using relevant information, expertise, and decision support tools when interacting with members
- Educate and empower members to ensure treatment compliance, satisfaction of management of condition, and promote member advocacy
- Work with members to set and achieve SMART goals
- Accurate, concise and timely documentation of member assessments/interactions
- Establish collaborative working relationships with members, providers, and customers
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing customer/member needs
- Ensure that sensitive member medical information is treated with respect and appropriate levels of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations
- Adhere to corporate requirements related to industry regulations / responsibilities
- Achieve program productivity standards
This is a work at home position, Monday - Thursday (4-10s) or Monday - Friday (5-8s). You must be able to work 15 hours per week past 4pm in your time zone. Split shifts are another possible option but end times can be no later than 9pm in your time zone. It is possible to have an end time 4 days a week as early as 7pm. We have good flexibility with your shift options.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license and residence in a compact state
- 5+ years of clinical experience in obstetrics
- Computer / typing proficiency to enter / retrieve data in electronic clinical records; experience with email, internet research, use of online calendars and other software applications
- Access to high speed internet from home
- Dedicated workspace from home
- Ability to work 15 hours a week past 4pm in your time zone
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Certification in Case Management (CCM)
- Case Management experience
- Clinical experience in Prenatal Care
- Bilingual skills - Spanish
If the hired individual resides in Florida (office based or telecommuting) this position requires the AHCA Level II background check (fingerprinting) by the State of Florida for all clinicians that have direct face to face contact with members OR employees who will have access to confidential patient data and will require renewal every five years.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, Case Manager, Obstetrics RN, OB RN, Labor and Delivery RN, antepartum, OB, obstetrics, diabetes, patient education, case management, telephonic, telecommute, work from home, RN Registered Nurse, OB RN