This is a full-time on-campus position located in Pearland, TX and the schedule will include some evenings and Saturdays.
- Provide instruction, remediation and evaluation in didactic and clinical learning concepts, including patient care simulations.
- Demonstrate current, detailed, accurate knowledge of concepts tested by the NCLEX-RN, as well as current nursing practice, to provide academic support.
- Demonstrate current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of University programs and accurately communicate academic policies and regulations to students.
- Demonstrate effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy; professional environment; effective communication; and first-class service.
- Communicate and document students’ academic progress to academic leadership.
- Prepare and maintain labs and simulated patient care environments with equipment, supplies, media, computers, and materials needed to replicate virtual healthcare settings.
- Collaborate with Course Coordinators and faculty to ensure preparation of lab supplies and equipment based on faculty requests and course schedule.
- Assist in developing and implementing detailed clinically- based scenarios for the computerized simulators.
- Operate and maintain computerized simulation equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise students to ensure that lab experiences meet course objectives and provide individual oversight to students for practice and/or remediation on technical skills as requested by faculty and students.
- Participate in planning and scheduling for students and faculty by ensuring open lab and structured lab utilization times are available and communicated and appropriately resourced.
- Contribute to and attend national academic and clinical learning conferences.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing preferred.
- Unencumbered RN license required.
- BLS CPR required.
- BLS CPR instructor certification; ACLS and /or PALS preferred.
- One (1) year experience in an academic environment supporting classroom instruction or specialized tutoring support preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in person.
Who We Are: