Job Title -Nurse Practitioner
Pay Rate - $100 per assessment completed; $25 for No Shows ; $65 for Telehealth visits
Location - Houston, TX
Contract position (May extend depending upon business needs)
Candidates will get all sanitation required(eg: PPE)
- Perform health risk assessments which are essentially history and physicals done within the patients home or on occasion in nursing home or other health facility
- Requires clinical documentation of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues through patient encounter in EMR system
- Documentation must be accurate, high quality, and completed in a timely manner
- Provider will ensure all appropriate consent forms are signed and dated
- Provider will have frequent interaction with patients, coders, schedulers, and supervising physician
- The provider will educate patients and/or patients family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance
- Provider will complete referrals to case management, nursing, pharmacy, etc. as needed
- Provider will participate in clinical meetings and compliance trainings which are primarily web based; however, provider will occasionally be required to attend on-site training for which the provider will be reimbursed
- Provider will not be required to prescribe medicine nor order any lab or diagnostic testing
- Providers will occasionally need to obtain samples for diagnostic screening tests such as finger sticks for HgbA1C, LDL, and Lead levels; urine analysis may also be required based on client need.
- Provider will be responsible to review patient records for past and present health issues
- Provider will need to collaborate with the supervising physician and other members of health care team
- Provider must be able to interpret laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions
- As part of the assessment, the provider must do ADL and Fall Risk evaluation, Depression and Nutritional Health Screening, BMI evaluation, and medication reconciliation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervising physician
-Must hold a Nurse Practitioner License
-Must have current BLS certification
-Candidates must be board certified by the ANCC or AANP
-Fluent in Spanish
Medix is dedicated to positively impacting lives every day. Since 2001, we have made it our mission to be the leading provider of workforce solutions for clients and candidates across the Healthcare, Scientific, and Information Technology industries.
Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for a contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30 days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll, there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or children. You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plan
- Two different fixed indemnity plan add-ons
- Major Medical Plans, including 1 HSA Plan
- Short-term disability
- Life and AD&D
This year's recipient of the Business Ledger's "Entrepreneurial Excellence Growth Award"
Join our network of talented professionals!