SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center - Houston, TX
Nurse Manager - Medsurg
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 444-bed acute care hospital in the heart of Houston's museum district. Established in 1975, the hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. It provides a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift. Provides direction to non-professional nursing personnel in providing direct patient care.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/i on duty.
- Demonstrates professionalism and support administrative decision making, always mindful to maintain a positive stance on hospital changes and initiatives.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN is required.
What qualifications you will need:
- RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- American Red Cross or America Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification is required.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification is required.
- Three (3) years of experience is a Recovery Room setting is required. Leadership and management experience is highly desirable.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.