Dealer Closeout Specialist
LOCATION: North America
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager Service Support
FUNCTION: Responsible for performing the following duties at dealerships during closeouts: inventory of all equipment, inspection and documentation equipment health, and providing an estimation of the cost to recondition equipment. DCS will be responsible to ensure all equipment is removed from the dealer in the legally mandated timeframe. The DCS will also be responsible in assisting with the loading of the Mahindra product during the unit transfers. Responsible for performing the following during the recruitment and onboarding of new dealers: Dealership prospect parts and service capability assessment. New dealer training and onboarding for parts and service
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for inspecting and reporting of all found issues on Company Products during closeout
- Able to create and submit technical inspection report, from the inspection in a timely manor
- Act as a liaison between Company Operations and outside shipping company
- Assists with preparation of Company Product for transport
- Ensures the inventoried product is loaded on the truck and verify shipment
- Ensure Bill of Ladings are correct for shipping purposes
- May assist dealers with inventory of parts return.
- Ensure return parts are correct as per packaging
- Responsible for conducting parts and service capability assessment of new dealers prospects.
- Responsible for the Aftersales onboarding process for all new dealers
- Responsible for training all new dealers on Aftersales systems, processes and polices.
REQUIREMENTS: Experience in the following elements required:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the construction, industrial or agricultural equipment industry
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a vehicular or Ag related technical course of study.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to converse with dealers and customers
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language fluently is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to develop written reports and to provide instructions and guidance to corporate and dealer service support personnel.
- Skilled in the resolution of technical problems, including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, electronic, and hydraulic issues on tractors, utility vehicles and implements.
- Ability to remain tactful in challenging and argumentative situations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to drive and travel up to 90% of the time
- Valid Driver's license with a clean driving record
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.