Nonprofit Finance Manager Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with an outstanding nonprofit aimed at providing students with easier access to education. This role is 100% remote for the foreseeable future. The company is located in Houston, Texas. Are you ready to join this vibrant community?
About the Nonprofit Finance Manager Opportunity:
- They have been in business and growing for over 20 years!
- Their vision is to build a society that loves to learn & grow through providing access to educational materials.
- They WANT you to actively make recommendations to help them continually improve.
Perks of the Nonprofit Finance Manager Opportunity:
- This role makes a real impact on the community!
- Open, diverse, and collaborative environment
- Excellent Benefits
- Very visible role. Interaction with a very prestigious board and several national foundations!
Overview of the Nonprofit Finance Manager role:
- Complex Grant Management
- Develops complex budget and forecasting scenarios, long-range planning and analyses for financial reporting and presentations; designs and runs ad hoc reports
- Works closely with department contacts and director of finance on proposal preparation including compliance review, budget preparation, budget justification, and gathering all necessary information across multiple teams in order to submit proposals within internal and external deadlines
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for leadership review
- Processes routine financial adjustments as needed in connection with grant reports and contract close out
- Oversees accounts payable function within department and collaborates with central offices such as procure to pay and disbursements as necessary
- Prepares and distributes budget to actual statements for operational subgroups within department
- Tracks revenue and expenditures across department's various grant programs, major contracts, and revenue streams
- Monitors all active contracts and suggests adjustments and/or modifications for any part of the program as necessary in order comply with terms
- Grant (50%); Finance/Budget (25% ); month end close and financial statement (20% );
Preferred Qualifications for the Nonprofit Finance Manager Opportunity:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in accounting
- Public/Industry Mix Preferred
- Grant and Fund Accounting experience required