Our client, a large global organization providing Maritime and O&G products and services, is looking for a Network Engineer to join their growing team. The company is very stable and very strong financially. Additionally, their average employee tenure is much longer than most companies’. They offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a good work environment.
The Network Engineer plans, configures, installs, and coordinates enterprise WLANs/LANs/MANs/WANs and all telecommunication technologies to meet business requirements. They will implement the technical architecture and recommendations related to internetworking and telecommunications. And, identifies and resolves hardware and software technical problems related to LAN, telecommunications and related servers.
• Recommends and maintains network related customer support processes and procedures to provide timely and efficient customer support while ensuring compliance with business continuity plan.
• Continually reviews, identifies and suggests improvements to existing processes and system efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensures that network administration is optimized and maintains current hardware maintenance agreements.
• Troubleshoots WAN, Internet connectivity and telecommunications.
• Provides WAN hardware/software engineering support and user support.
• Monitors WAN performance and performs necessary network maintenance and upgrades; Provides WAN hardware/software recommendations to improve network security.
• Provides Tele-presence implementation and administration.
• Participates in the development of annual IT strategic planning activities for supporting the business objectives of the company.
• Participates in the evaluation of network related hardware/software products, PABX and satellite communication systems and upgrades. Analyzes service options, infrastructure (voice and data networks and servers) configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of operation.
• Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
• Adheres to all IT governance (standards, policies, procedures) and recommends updates to governance as the IT environment evolves. Follows and advocates change management procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, etc
• 3-5 years of relevant experience required
• 2-3 years related experience in infrastructure/network technology, performing network engineering (hardware and software), network design and planning and implementing LANs, WANs and WLANs
• At least 1 year in planning, analysis, configuration, installation, systems management, etc.
• CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE is a plus
• Should know network provider services, SNA implementation principles, routing protocol options and LAN/WAN principles
• Broad range of network, applications and desktop knowledge in the following:
• Cisco Switching & Routing; Cisco access points; Cisco Call Manager
• Unified Communications; Unified Presence
• Unity unified messaging with Microsoft Exchange integration
• Palo Alto firewalls
• Riverbed WAN Optimization
• Citrix, Telepresence and teleconferencing, DMVPN, WebEx, Satellite communications, SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
• Ability to:
• solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage performance and capacity of a WLAN/LAN/WAN environment
• conduct and prepare feasibility studies, develop client proposals; including estimates for costs, time and resources, prepare statistical reports, and complete cost/benefit analysis
• maintain confidentiality of sensitive data & handle many diverse tasks simultaneously
• clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of groups in a style that engages and encourages feedback from others; develop effective relationships and build rapport with others
• Understanding of:
• the enterprise business and process; business unit functions and cross-group dependencies/relationships.
• distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines