Some Flex Options, must be local to Houston
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Justin Rice
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
With 70+ power plants in operation or under construction, our fleet has the capacity to generate nearly 25k+ megawatts of electricity – enough to power approximately 20 million homes. Our geographically diverse fleet capitalizes on trends in the nation’s most robust power markets.
Environmental regulations. Integration of intermittent renewable resources. Plentiful, clean, affordable natural gas. The retirement of inefficient generation units. As these trends shape the nation’s power industry, Our modern fleet stands as a model of flexibility and reliability to meet America’s power needs today – and tomorrow.
Why join us?
We give you the tools you need to chart your own career path in an engaging, fast-paced environment where you can learn from power industry leaders.
Whether you are a student seeking an internship that offers real-world experience, a recent graduate ready to build a rewarding career or a seasoned professional who wants to expand your horizons, we provide meaningful opportunities and challenges.
We are looking for a dynamic and diverse network architect that can install, configure, and maintain a robust hybrid cloud network environment. The candidate should be well versed in both cloud and traditional on-premise networking equipment and technologies.
The Architect role is responsible for the overall delivery, effectiveness and availability for company's on-premise and cloud network and voice services; including but not limited to core WAN / LAN infrastructures, plant connectivity, core data centers and Azure cloud environments. This role interacts with various regulated environments. The candidate for this role should have functional knowledge and experience working within regulated environments (incident management, change management, and compliance).
- Strong understanding of multiple networking protocols (TCP/IP, NetBIOS etc.) and networking concepts
- Strong understanding of traditional on-premise routing, switching, wireless, satellite, LTE and SD-WAN technologies, teleconferencing/video and voice in both physical and virtual implementations in support of legacy On–Prem and Azure Cloud implementations
- Strong understanding of cloud-based network platforms, AWS/GCC/Azure or similar platform.
- Ability to green field Install, configure, maintain, and manage the various components of company's cloud and on-premise network infrastructure, primarily Cisco and F5 network hardware. (equipment refreshes, firmware updates, vulnerability remediation, etc.)
- Facilitate the operational hand-off of network infrastructure components to managed services partners as appropriate
- Strong understanding of security practices surrounding SCADA or other plant operation technologies (RTU, MODBUS, OPC, etc.)
- Experience supporting security operations for both Public and Private Cloud implementations (e.g. next generation security technologies, alert management, event correlation)
- Develop best practices and drive the process of creative thinking and solutions. Lead change and adoption of new processes and technologies
- Being a point of escalation to manage the resolution of incidents, quality or customer service related problems, identifying trends, and recommending people, process and technology improvements
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing professional networks
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the IT industry
- Considerable management and leadership interactions and/or project management experience
- Experience developing technical documentation and end user communications
- Ability to assess business requirements and translate to technical solutions, as well as the ability to manage small projects as needed
- Strong analytical skills to ensure root-cause analysis and resolution for optimal business ROI
- Excellent leadership, organization, communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of SOX, PCI:DSS, NERC-CIP or similar standards are desired
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.