'Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”
The National Security Solutions organization is responsible for engagement and support of opportunities with the potential revenue of $20k plus in new and upsell revenues. Our focus is directed towards 3 key elements.
Increased win rates in Top line enterprise revenues
Education of the Sales & Sales Engineering organizations of both internal & external products and capabilities
Windstream Enterprise Product enhancement collaboration
The National Security Solutions Engineer:
- The NSS engineer collaborates with sales teams, customers and prospects to architect solutions that address business needs and challenges
- The NSS team leverages Windstream’s solutions and product design expertise in order to show the defined business value of a particular solution to the prospect or customer and sales team.
- Throughout the sales process the NSS engineer is responsible for eliminating obstacles to the sale and plays a critical role in influencing the prospect or customer’s solution decision process.
- The NSS engineer stays engaged with the opportunity and demonstrate leadership while bringing the solution to signature.
- The NSS engineer demonstrates real world designs and product utilization to drive and create next-generation solutions
- The NSS engineers’ goal is to create a thorough understanding of developed solutions and to educate both our internal and external customers to drive new revenue.
- The NSS engineer contributes to new hire training through engage, optimize & protect training ground school and pilot school training.
Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Collaborate and strategize with Product leadership, IP Engineering, Tiger Team, Service delivery, EVP of Sales, VP Sales Engineering, Regional President, Sales VPs, Sales Directors, Account Directors, Sales Engineering Leadership & Sales Engineers in a multi-faceted eco system environment
- Inform and educate prospects about the Windstream Enterprise solution, benefits & differentiators vs. the competition
- Assist the Account team craft and architect multi tower solutions leveraging the full suite of products and services offered by Windstream Enterprise
- Establish the business value of the solution
- Eliminate technical obstacles to the sale leveraging internal relationships to expedite business asks when needed
- Manage the solution decision process providing strategic knowledge of both internal and external market & consumer data
- Achieve solution closure
- Engaged throughout the entire sales cycle
- Train and educate sales teams, sales engineering, customer advocates with attendance in new hire classes
- Product enhancement feedback & product project participation
- Bachelor’s degree in Network engineering, Security or a related field. Or related Security & Network certifications (CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, NSE6, Etc.); or
- 10 years professional level related Security & Network Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Security & Network Engineering/Technical experience required.
- Proven track record of ability to accelerate sales growth of strategic products and technologies that drive high margin business to the company.
- Executive level business acumen and management skills which enable them to serve as a thought partner with respect to the overall customer experience.
- Intellectual curiosity to constantly evaluate the business and figure how to breakout vs. the competition.
- Communication: Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships over the phone and in person. Must have a proactive communication style ensuring timely status updates to account team and customer. Must be able to extract hidden or unrealized customer requirements and gain consensus on these requirements with the customer. Ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements. Able to develop relationships and communicate with high level customer technical and executive staff.
- Technical Skills: Advanced understanding of voice/data/internet/SDWAN/Security applications, communications technology and network design. Advanced understanding of technical terminology related to company products & services. Requires general knowledge of voice and data communications equipment. Advanced understanding of SDWAN and Security hardware and software applications and configurations. Advanced understanding of sales cycles and the solution selling process, preferably at multiple levels, i.e., Internet & Enterprise. Advanced level presentation skills.
- Problem Solving: Advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Advanced ability to graphically depict solutions in a compelling manner.
- Executive level ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented.
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Suite knowledge and usage (Visio, Teams, PowerPoint, Access). Ability to learn internal company systems, such as Confluence, Siebel, Granite, and Network Engineer.
- Business Acumen: Executive level understanding of company financial measures. Must have an intermediate understanding of telecommunications industry and sales cycles.
- Requires domestic travel (50%)
- Physical requirements
- Ability to address internal and customer issues off-hours.
- May require extended work hours to meet the needs of the team and customers.
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 10 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or 12 years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Job Category: Sales
Locations: US-Texas-Virtual Office TX 1.00\
Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.: false