The Bionetics Corporation is seeking a Science professional to work in the Office of the Chief Scientist at NASA Ames in Mountain View, California. Bionetics is a government services contracts specializing in life science and engineering with locations nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package to include major medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, 401k with company matching, etc.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
In support of NASA's endeavors to Discover, Explore, Develop, and Enable, the NASA Ames Office of the Chief Scientist plays a central role in maximizing Ames Research Center's scientific contribution to the agency mission. The Office of the Chief Scientist fosters an environment of collaboration between other NASA centers, promotes STEM education, and influences NASA’s future scientific direction. The Senior Science Staff position supports the Office of the Chief Scientist by managing speaker engagements, supporting science workshops, organizing seminars, performing critical technical reviews of research and innovation proposals, and hosting VIP visits virtually and to the center.
· Occasionally – Climbing, stooping, kneeling
· Often – Reaching, standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, talking, hearing, seeing, fingering/grasping/feeling, typing/writing
LIFTING/MOVING REQUIREMENTS :
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS :
- Normally works in an environmentally controlled area.
1. Masters Degree in a relevant scientific field with a minimum of four (4) years’ experience or a Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field.
2. Experience working in a professional setting such as an executive office.
3. Must have strong technical writing skills;
4. Must be comfortable researching technical area outside of normal expertise and writing a summary for public and science community consumption;
5. Demonstrated ability to write successful science proposals;
6. Proven oral and written science expertise;
7. Experience in reviewing technical proposals;
8. Demonstrated excellent English communication skills (oral and written).
9. Proven track record of meeting action deadlines.
10. Computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or their equivalents.
11. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Status.
12. Must be eligible for or have successfully completed a National Agency Check investigation for a “NASA Clearance” within the last ten (10) years.
13. Must be willing to travel as necessary to meet business needs.
14. Must have the ability to perform effectively in fast paced, demanding work environment.